Today my mom, the kids and I took the coaster down to San Diego to visit Old Town. The kids loved riding the train---I've actually never been on one, and it was great not having to deal with traffic. We had lunch and visited all the little shops. The candy shop was the kids favorite and it took awhile to decide what they wanted. After the stress free ride home on the train is was back into the pool for the kids. Yesterday we went to the beach again and had a blast. Yup, I've been twice this summer. This drive was more enjoyable, 10 minutes with all the lights!! AND I even got in the water-- I never do that and now I remember why-- I had sand everywhere!! I was getting hammered by those waves but it was fun.
We are enjoying our time away from home. It's a nice getaway before school starts again. Ah, school, kids will be gone most of the day, ALL the kids will be gone most of the day. I'm looking forward to school starting. Lately I've been feeling like a referee!!
4 comments:
That sounds like so much fun. We keep wanting to take the Amtrak somewhere but never do!
Gosh! I want to walk around and look at shops!
how fun that you can just hop on the train and do that!
i never go in the water at the beach anymore - it always makes me feel so sticky.
You are making me so jealous. Reminding me again how far away we are from the beach. And reminding me that Westley gets to start Kindergarten this year but Gavin has to wait another year because the cut-off here is different. You're so lucky!
Post a Comment