Friday, July 27, 2007

I need a break.....

And I'm going to get one!! Tomorrow after the Primary activity that I've been helping with, the kids and I are going to Carlsbad for a week. Jeff gets to join us for a few days and a few days I get to go to Big Bear and have a quilting retreat with my mother in-law and sisters in-laws!! NO kids. It's going to be my finish projects weekend because I have so many unfinished. It will be nice to get things done without kids asking for something every minute-- of course I will miss them, but they probably won't even realize I'm gone because they will be having too much fun with Grandma and Grandpa.

Today Jeff, the boys and I went for a bike ride. Westley did pretty good on his bike-- little slow and we didn't go as far. It was fun and already too hot at 9am!!

So, I will have to catch up on our week when we get back. Do miss me. I love reading every ones comments and getting some laughs. And for those of you commenting on my ONE trip to the beach this summer...... I'm going again on Monday, where it's only 5 minutes away.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Four words for you.. I AM SO JEALOUS!!!
Well not so much about the whole getting projects done thing, but I want to go to Carlsbad!! Tell everyone hi for me and have fun!!

KickButtMommy said...

Good for you! We all need breaks. I am so ready for school to be back in. Does that make me a horrible mother?

Family Misadventures said...

Have fun!

Anonymous said...

I'd miss you, but I get to see you! :)

little miss shortcake said...

NO kids!?
Lucky girl!

Anonymous said...

Wish I could have been with you at the quilt retreat. I have lots of UFO's too.
Thanks for all the updates.
Back to the old grind.
Love you, Grandma Bledsoe