Saturday, July 21, 2007

Ode to the Toilet



We moved into our house and noticed we had a whistling toilet whenever you flushed. The first month after we moved in we bought the stuff to fix it....... THREE years later it finally stopped working and we HAD to fix it!! Jeff confirmed that no matter what, if you are repairing something around the house, you WILL have to make at least one trip to Home Depot. We bought the complete kit, but the toilet in this bathroom is one of those small one-piece toitlets, so of course all of the pieces in the kit did not fit right. He had to go buy one small part to complete the job...and like any good man, he bought a bunch of other stuff too!! So, instead of having a relaxing Saturday like we thought, Jeff got to spend his day with his head stuck in the toilet!

9 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

We had that exact same toilet in our condo! Hadley flushed the lid to my shaving cream down it, which resulted in us getting a new toilet. But not before MIles broke that one open to see what was stuck inside!

Family Misadventures said...

I love what you've done to the bathroom!

Christene said...

I love the picture of Jeff with his head in the toilet! I'm glad he was feeling well while doing that!

Anonymous said...

If he showed some crack he would make a great plumber.

Anonymous said...

Not only would he need to show his crack, he would need a beer belly, and if was really a plumber... I doubt he would be reading the directions over the broken toilet!!

So does it really work now... or did you end up calling a plumber that showed his crack, had a gut, and actually knew what he was doing?? :)

Jenn said...

My siblings are so funny!! What would i do without you guys!! No we didn't have to call a plumber-- it works(okay i check every so often to make sure nothing is leaking shh)Just the inners needed to be switched out!!

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure you would just kie of boredom if you didn't have greg and I around :)

acte gratuit said...

Dear Aimilee and Greg,
You two rock! I miss you guys! (You too Melinda!!!)

Kristie said...

Once again - my big bro - I taught him everything he knows!