Monday, May 25, 2009

Thursday-present

Thursday was the craziest day! So much going on-- and I'm going to write all about it. (This is for posterity sake. ) It all began at 8:30am when Morgan had her 2nd grade patriotic performance. She did such a great job and I loved hearing all the songs about our flag and America. It's probably my favorite performance out of all the grades. Now I've seen it twice and will see it again next year!
Morgan with her teacher, Mrs. Hanks
The kids had the choice of leaving school early (it was only 9:15am!!) or staying for the rest of the day. What would you choose? Duh! So, home I went with Morgan and Sydney and off to Sam's Club to buy all the food for the Father and Son campout. Usually Jeff has this responsibility but since he was at work and I needed him home right on time I volunteered to do it. It wasn't too bad-- finding room in the fridge was bad but it worked. -------
Sydney was put down for a nap, the house was cleaned and cupcakes were frosted--time for the boys to come home from school. Westley had gone out to lunch with his teacher so I had to walk up to the school to help him carry home his booster seat(poor kid- he'll probably be in one till he's in 6th grade!). Morgans teacher found us and asked if we would like to take home the two class turtles for the weekend. My gut said NO but my mouth said SURE! So, off we went home- me pushing a stroller with a booster seat on top with an aquarium on top of that. Quite a sight I'm sure. -------
Well, sad to say but I one of those turtles didn't survive that ride home. Poor thing was still for the whole day and next and we decided that he wasn't coming back to join us. I finally got a hold of the teacher and she said not to worry about it! The turtles are little red eared sliders. A parents worst nightmare if you ask me!! Trust me- I won't be taking home anymore class pets. We've been watching the other turtle, every time it goes to take a nap we wake it up to see if it's still alive- he's going to be exhausted after this weekend. He's name is Swimmer-- the other... his name was LUCKY!!-------
So, boys are home and there's no homework because no school the next day! I taught piano at 3:45pm and then Addison had his guitar lesson at 5pm. This is where Jeff's help came in! He took Addison to guitar and then at 5:15 I picked up three of Addison's friends and we met up at the bowling alley for Addison's birthday party. But, who knew it was league night so they drove across the street to play miniature golf. I'm so bummed I forgot to send the camera with Jeff. He took the four boys to play and I took the three little kids to go get pizza!

They all had a blast of eating pizza and cupcakes, opening presents and playing outside. It's nice as the kids get older they can entertain themselves!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ADDISON!


Friday was Addison's actual birthday! Can't believe he's 11 already. And what a great birthday present-- no school! So, he spent the morning with me at aerobics!! haha He didn't mind because he had a friend there to play with.

The rest of his birthday was spent getting ready to go camping and as soon as Jeff got home at 2pm they packed up and left. And of course-- I forgot to send the camera AGAIN! So, no pictures of the Father and Son campout. As soon as the boys left, us girls took off to do a little shopping and out to dinner. Morgan got some new outfits since she seems to be the only one that grows every season. After Sydney went to bed Morgan and I watched a movie and made chocolate shakes!

Saturday the boys were home by noon and very dirty! Westley had a birthday party and we just did stuff around the house. I finished a few projects that are posted on my other blog.

Sunday I received two more callings. Yes, two more! They haven't released me from Activity days which is fine because I love being with the girls. Now I'm Enrichment Leader and the Relief Society pianist. Piano is easy but I'm not so sure about Enrichment Leader! We'll see... I need to meet with the counselor and figure things out.

Busy Busy! Last night I was able to relax for a little bit and get started on another project. The kids and Jeff were in bed and I stayed up late and now I'm paying for it and need a nap. But-- the kids want to go swimming! (where's the sun today?)

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY!

7 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

OY! Weekend shmeakend.

jeremiahrjones said...

Sounds very fun and busy! Wow! Enrichment leader! Are they going to release you from Activity Days too? That's lots of stuff going on.

Our poor Relief Society doesn't have a pianist. There are only three of us that play the piano and we are all in primary.

Jenn said...

They said they probably wouldn't release me till July. They are easy!

tphillips said...

You are supermom Jenn!!! Congrats on the callings...holy cow how many are they going to give you? They must think you are wonder woman...and they are right in thinking so :)

Jenn said...

A tired, ole wonder woman maybe!

Stephanie said...

Wow, three callings! Yikes! What is Jeff's calling?

Jenn said...

Jeff's the EQ president!!