Yesterday we took the kids to Lombardi Ranch to see about getting a pumpkin. It just wasn't going to be the same buying one from Vons. Only 1/3 of Lombardi Ranch was open to the public. Here's a picture of the old firetruck that burned. All the black stuff you see on the ground was hay. All the hay burned and left the sunflowers and corn field pretty much untouched.

This is the old police car the kids always had a blast playing in.

And this black patch was the hay pyramid the kids could climb to the top. Some of those pumkins around it got alittle toasted.

It was sad to see what the fire had done, but there were still alot of people there buying their pumpkins and fresh vegetables. Tonight with our dinner we will enjoy our fresh corn on the cob.
7 comments:
such sad pictures (well, not the last one, of course) but i'm glad they re-opened!
I'm so glad that there was still a little bit left of Lombardi Ranch. So sad to see all those fun things the kids play on burned. Glad you were still able to get your pumpkins.
Wow, that is so sad. Looks like they will be able to rebuild though!
good for you to support the Lombardi's!! I hope they open again next year. It won't be the same without them.
I'm glad you guys still got to go!!
I'm glad you guys still went. It's sad to see all the damage that was done. Our kids loved playing on the trucks too!
Was that fire started by an arson? I can't believe how much of the destruction in SoCal was by arsonists!
Post a Comment