BEDROOM?? I would like to come and stay because seriously there are more animals living here than people!!
First of course we have the monkeys, Addison, Morgan and Westley! They make there own mess, and sometimes clean up their own mess after much struggle.Then we thought maybe it would be fun if we got a pet, how about a fish. They are easy, not too dirty(obviously I like clean). This one however ate the other two that we bought and it won't DIE! I don't feed the thing and it just keeps swimming.
Times were peaceful in our home until Daddy found this thing in the backyard. The kids weren't to thrilled about it at first--can you tell I wasn't either. The kids have grown to love this King Snake they have named King Benjamin. It now sits proudly on a stand in our dining room(yes, it's a great dinner conversation piece). It has grown so much over the past year that Jeff keeps saying we need to get a bigger cage-- over my dead body!!
Now, to the most recent addition to the animal kingdom. Jeff got his Falconry license and is now able to go out and trap a WILD hawk. So, yesterday morning he went out very determined (me not so very) and came back with this...
He built a hawk house in the backyard-- I call it the hawk mansion, all it's missing is a bathroom. Today the hawk has been hanging out in the garage, which means I've had to park outside. We have a three car garage and right now it's not being used to keeps cars! Can you tell I'm most thrilled about this latest addition. But, it's Jeff's dream and hobby so I'm going to be the great wife and deal--atleast my hobbies don't poop!!!There's more!! In order to catch this hawk you need a little bait.
AND......... I guess the hawk also needs to eat some fresh meat so why not have a quail or two or SEVEN?? They do lay eggs which we have eaten!
So, now you know why I'm going just alittle crazy. Never thought I would have an animal kingdom in my own backyard, kitchen, garage, bathroom.....
So, now you know why I'm going just alittle crazy. Never thought I would have an animal kingdom in my own backyard, kitchen, garage, bathroom..... HELP!
(jeff thinks now that everyone will think I hate my husband.... not so!-- he keeps me on my toes that's for sure!)
(jeff thinks now that everyone will think I hate my husband.... not so!-- he keeps me on my toes that's for sure!)


14 comments:
What a ZOO!
That is pretty crazy!
We have extra rooms, you can stay with us :)
what is going on over there? it sounds like things are out of control!! :)
Wow, you guys seem busy. I can't believe how big your kids are. Addison was 3 when we moved into the ward.
You need to contact ANIMAL PLANET asap. Get some use out of this menagerie. Maybe you should start sewing small birdy quilts and birdy clothes!
You can come down and stay, but I will have to swap you out with DAD. I don't have animals in the back bedroom, but we have enough hiking and jungle equipment to furnish a small army in the wild for weeks! Jeff and Dad can camp out with the snake, fish, birds, and rodents. We'll go to the SPA! :-)
Love ya.
HOLY COW Jenn! I would die! I never knew you lived in a zoo! Stephanie
You really ate quail eggs? How did they taste? Now that you have so many animals we will just make sure that when we're in California we'll go to your house instead of the zoo.
Hahaha Kim-- I'll have to charge admission to my zoo to help feed the animals! And yes, I did eat quail eggs. They taste like chicken eggs but they are tiny. I used 20 one night to make my family french toast.
It sounds like you need to live in the country... on a farm!
You take such great care of your family! Love ya!
You're hilarious! I can totally hear the tone of your voice in your writing. Tell Jeff I said congrats on the catch...how exciting...I think maybe I have a bit too much of Jeff in me...:-)
That's hilarious. I was reading out loud to Doug and he's totally jealous.
We had a few different pets before we had kids. Snakes, lizards, fish...even a chinchilla from Rama. Those were the days. But then our beautiful corn snake "Money" pooped a prolific poop all over a guest who was holding him. It was in the first trimester of my first pregnancy (Max)...and it killed the love.
I didn't want to touch him after that.
Since then, I haven't had any desire to have more pets. I'm sure with the boys it's inevitable, but I'm in no hurry.
Buy the way, we TOTALLY have a guest room waiting all for you! Can't get much further away than RHODE ISLAND!!!
I would tell you to come on over, but I'd be afraid you'd bring a stow-away. I'm thinking a dog is easier (and less scary) than your exotic pets!
So when can I buy a ticket for your attractions? And how much will they be? I am a just a poor college student, but I would love to see what a mom living in a zoo really looks like :)
Wow - you guys do have quite a zoo at your house! I was laughing so hard while reading your blog. I love the humor in your writing.
By the way, I made your chicken tortilla soup today and we LOVED it!!!
Post a Comment