Who is this brave woman you ask? This brave woman went with her husband and kids to let a pet hawk go. The hawk needed to go because this womans husband really wants a bigger one. This woman had to help take off the bands around the hawks legs while the husband held on tight. She took off the straps and quickly moved out of the way. The hawk didn't fly away at first. This family also brought the rat that was used as bait to catch the hawk. Don't need it, the wife didn't want it, so they needed to let it go. Wouldn't it be fun to let the rat go and watch the hawk go after it? But, who's going to let the rat go? The husband is holding onto the hawk....... Yup, this brave woman reached into the cage and picked that rat up by the tail and flung it away. (I'm getting the shivers just writing this!) Of course, no attack came by the hawk and he flew away. I'm FREE!
This brave woman is going to have nightmares tonight and even thinking about it wants to gag and run to the bathroom to lose her dinner. I (this brave woman) am wondering what in the world came over me.......
This brave woman is going to have nightmares tonight and even thinking about it wants to gag and run to the bathroom to lose her dinner. I (this brave woman) am wondering what in the world came over me.......
11 comments:
Eww . . . Stephanie
YOU are one BRAVE woman!
That totally gives me the heebie jeebies!
Yup...I'm way too much like Jeff...
You go girl! You may turn out to be a pioneer woman after all! How did Jeff get his license? Are there classes you take? Sounds like fun - and scary at the same time. I've never handled a large bird of prey.
A couple months ago Jan removed a rattle snake from a ladies house for her. He decided to keep it awhile - so he could watch it feed. Now THAT was disgusting.
Yes, my wife is a very brave woman. I was holding the hawk, feeding it a last few morsels of meat, and she wanted to see it go after the rat. She opened up the cage and was going to dump the rat out! I told her to pick it up by the tail and toss it out, and she looks at me as says "Are you kidding, ewww!" THEN SHE DID IT!!
Almost brought a tear to my eye to know she loves me that much!! We'll work on getting her to hold the snake next!
a tear?? and in your dreams about the snake!
You never cease to amaze me. Yucky! Your eloquent writing was as close as I'd get to that rat. I can't believe you did that! :o)
I know you're going to be grossing out for days!
P.S. While all of this is going on, you need to get Addison to be the photographer! Those pictures would be priceless, if not hilarious!
Shall I scream now!!!!
You are one brave woman, I take my hat off to you.
Remind me to never touch your hand.
I am glad it is gone though.
Loved looking at your blog, Morgan's room looks adorable. Tania
Oh my gosh! You are too brave for words! I can't even look at those birds without thinking they might like to peck my eyes out! Crazy girl! I love the other blog about needing more room! Too cute. You are way too good at this.
Post a Comment