Saturday, June 13, 2009

Last Days of School!

Schools out for summer!! Yesterday was the kids last day of school. They jumped out of bed, quickly got dressed and was anxious to start the last day of school--all they did was party and eat junk!
Last week at the last awards assembly I had two kids receive awards.
Addison received the National Fitness Award for 5th grade. He tried so hard to make Presidential but missed it by a few points--next year, he said. I think he did great and was proud of him for getting National. Morgan also got an award for Citizenship. She received one last year and was most happy to receive another one.
Now it's time to kickback and not worry about homework, making lunches, making sure the clothes are out and projects are done. Lazy mornings, lazy afternoons and lazy nights. It's nice not having a schedule for awhile. We'll see how long it lasts and how long everyone (including me) is nice to one another.


Time to JUMP into SUMMER!! (wish the sun was out and it felt like summer!! We're wearing pants and sweaters AND socks! We don't wear socks in JUNE!!)





3 comments:

Julia said...

I hear you it's been raining for over a week now and over two since we have even seen the sun!

Tamara said...

Happy summer! We still have 7 more days of school left thanks to our crazy winter weather.

Stephanie said...

Aren't you so thrilled that school is out? We've been out for a week. I went to bed at 6 p.m. on the last day of school. I was so exhausted and couldn't have done another day. Thank goodness for summer!