Sunday, December 4, 2011

Westley's Hospital Visit

 Westley has not had a great week.  It started on Thanksgiving (yes, I still need to blog about Thanksgiving...be patient) with a fever.  He put on a show because his cousins were here but he just wasn't feeling good.  By Monday him and I were not feeling well so we went to the doctors.  We both got meds but Westley still wasn't doing good.

Wednesday morning right after Jeff left for work at 4:45am. Westley woke up with a coughing fit and was having a hard time breathing.  I called Jeff and he turned around, came home and took Westley to the E.R.  I had to stay home with the other kids, plus I still wasn't feeling well.  It was hard not being with them!

Poor guy has Pneumonia.  Jeff said he didn't flinch when they put the I.V in him or when they took blood--he watched actually. 


 I'm glad they were able to get him to eat something too.  He had lost two pounds from Monday to Wednesday! 
He was feeling better with all the medicines they were pumping into him.  They had to wait around for the x-ray and the blood work to see what type of pneumonia it was.  If he would have to stay in the hospital longer or he could come home.  Almost 8 hours later he came home with four prescriptions of medication! 

He's been doing really good!  Had a checkup with his pediatrician Friday morning and she said he's doing great.  He only had pneumonia in his left lung and it sounds good now.  He can go to school on Monday!  I talked to his teacher and she said that she'll make sure he takes it easy and if he gets tired he can go home! I love his teacher!  :)

He has been very tired and has been sleeping lots during the day.  He has HATED taking his medication.  I really don't blame him... the stuff looks like glue.  After a few tantrums (one from mom too) he decided to just tough it out and quickly take it and be done. 

Nothing else has really mattered since he's been sick.  He wanted to put up the Christmas tree yesterday (never have been this late putting up the tree!  It was the 3rd of December!!)  He went outside for a bit to help his dad hang lights.  He really wanted to play with his friends but we said no... he said "that's not fair" Christmas cards might not happen.... I just want my little guy better! 

7 comments:

RachelAA said...

I'm so glad he's doing better. He looks precious on that hospital bed. Haha, don't tell him that, I'm sure he'd hate to be called "precious" :)

KickButtMommy said...

Poor sweet Westley.

mlauricella said...

Poor little guy. He looks like he's actually having fun in the hospital! (looks can be deceiving though)

Amber said...

awww...that breaks my heart. Poor little guy. So glad he is on the mend.

brookeisacrazylady said...

oh man that sounds rough. what a tough cool kid westley is!

don't worry lots of time still for christmas cards, i'm real behind on that

Tamara said...

Hope everybody is on the mend soon and you too. Why is it that these things seem to happen during the holidays. That was us two years ago with Emersynne. Hospital visits and lots of stuff left undone. Oh well. In the end all that really matters is healthy kids!

Miss you all

Kimberly said...

Poor Westley! I am sorry he had to go through this! What a tough little guy!