Sunday, December 11, 2011

On the Mend--here's hoping..

 This past month has not been the best, "health" wise for our family. I guess since we are not sick throughout the year, we just get it all in one month to make up for it!!  But, I think we are now on the mend?!  Here's to hoping that we are...
With two sinus infections, two ear infections(Jenn and Addison), one flu(Jeff), two cases of pneumonia(Westley and Sydney) one popped rib from cartilage(Jeff), eight doctors visits, one E.R visit--- I think we have had our share.  Of course, there is one name that hasn't made the list.... Morgan!!  Somehow she has gotten through this whole mess with nothing!?  We're hoping it stays that way! 

Westley went back to school last Monday.  He was a little tired at first but now it almost seems he was never sick.  He is done with his nasty medicine and we had to celebrate with homemade shakes.  Tuesday night Sydney wasn't feeling well still so I took her to Urgent Care.  They got her right in and took X-rays of her chest.  She did such a good job sitting still for the picture!  She has pneumonia too--- in both lungs.  They gave her a shot of something---that worked in minutes.  She talked the whole way home and was feeling better but couldn't walk because the shot hurt!  Poor thing---she milked it a little too.  :)  We stopped at the pharmacy to get her medication--- same as her brothers and now she's being tough and taking the nasty stuff. 

Thursday Sydney went back to her doctor for a check up and she's doing great.  I took her for a little outing to feed the ducks.  She loved it, they loved it and all the ducks in the pond came to say hello.  We only had three slices of bread and they went fast. 
So, we are on the mend.  Jeff is working limited duty because of his rib.  It wasn't job related....more like father related.  Being a fun dad and playing with your boys can have it's bad moments! He is in pain and there's not much he can do about it!

I really need to blog more or this years blog book is going to be patheticly small! 

2 comments:

Tamara said...

Wow! You guys sure have had it all. I was thinking that we've been more sick this year than usual but it's nothing compared to your tally. Hope everyone stays healthy.

RachelAA said...

Yes, blog more :) At least yours updates. Mine never does. I'm glad you're all doing better and I think Jeff's blessed to have such memorable injuries :)