Sunday, August 22, 2010

Here we go...

So, the first week of school is over. It seriously went by so fast, but we made it-- not a great week but we made it. Remember how Westley was put in a 2/3 split class and I said I wanted him out... he's still there. I've written to the principal TWICE and haven't heard back and my name is still on the "request" to see her list. More like a "maybe if you're lucky you'll get to see her list"! We got a phone call Thursday night saying that there would be changes the next day and that your child could be put into a different class. My hopes went way up-- stupid me... he's still in it. Morgan actually got changed and put into a different class (which was a 4/5 split) for an hour and then was put back into her class. phew!

Westley has been great through it all. We had to bribe him every day and if he had a perfect week he would get a handball (the kid's obsessed!) He told me on Friday when I was fuming that he is okay in his class and that he'll be happy. So, now I can't decide... do I still fight the school about it or just drop it???

Addison is liking Jr. High. He likes all of his teachers and his classes. He has lots of homework and he's tired every night from waking up at 6:30am!

Sydney has been keeping me company and is a trooper when we have to run errands and then pick up the kids. Look what she helped me with this week. HERE!

We love the weekend and sad that tomorrow will start another busy week! Here we go....

1 comment:

RachelAA said...

That is a tough call - sorry, no answer here just pointing out the obvious. BUT, you're so awesome I know you'll figure it out.