Have you heard of Letterboxing? It's a treasure hunt-- without really finding a treasure. :) To start you need a stamp, stamp pad, pad of paper, pen and walking shoes...oh and patience! You go on-line to letterboxing.org and look up your area to get the clues. You follow the clues and find a letterbox. Inside is a stamp and a notebook. You stamp your stamp in their notebook and leave the date and maybe where you are from. Then you stamp their stamp in your notebook. You put the letterbox RIGHT back where you found it so the next person searching can find it.
Yesterday we drove up to an old mine town called Mentryville. We had success with finding all six letterboxes that were there. (our first time out letterboxing was very unsuccessful and I said I would never do this again--- hence the need for patience!)
Addison and Morgan were really into it. Westley probably would have if he had remembered his notebook.
7 comments:
Wow! That sounds pretty cool. I've never heard of it. I'll have to check it out sometime.
Sounds like great fun! I've only had time to find two letter boxes here so far.
Sounds fun, cute picture of you and Jeff!
sounds like geo-caching(?). sounds fun! i bet my jacob would love that.
I love the lighter hair... Don't change it!!! ;)
Miss you.
Seriously that sounds so awesome!!!!!!! I love it. And that picture of you and Jeff is adorable. Very cool post.
We love letter boxing! Glad you guys are enjoying it. I think it is funny how it is spreading. I told me mom about it to give Harrison something to do while he was in Utah and now several of my family members are in on it too. Want to come out here and fine some with us?!
Post a Comment