Sunday, March 29, 2009

A Little Hike!

The weather was so nice yesterday! It was in the 8o's!! A perfect day for a family outing. After the chores were done and before the kids started in with their "I'm bored" voices we headed out for a little hike. It was great to get outside on such a warm day. Actually got a bit hot and we came home with some red faces. Walking along!
Family group shot.

Sydney loves being outside. She's almost to big for her backpack (I guess it's a front pack.) She's to heavy for me to carry her in it-- weak back! If we keep these little hikes up we'll have to get her a different one! There were no complaints from her though.


The rest of the day was spent doing whatever. About 5pm we went back outside and pulled some weeds and washed the car. Jeff ran to the store so we could have something to bbq for dinner- I don't think we ate till 7:30pm. I love days like this when we don't have to rush off to be somewhere!
Today I've been trying to distract my two kids who are fasting. Having afternoon church doesn't help! They keep eyeing the clock and I have to agree, this morning is taking forever! One more week of school and were off for a week of Spring Break!




8 comments:

RachelAA said...

The Lauricella's went for a hike yesterday too and I feel such an urge now - I can't believe you have fasting children, that's gotta be a challenge :) Good for them.

Stephanie said...

These kinds of Saturdays are great, too (in addition to the Super Saturdays). :)

KickButtMommy said...

Sounds like a really good day to me.

Kristie said...

Looks like fun! I just want to gobble Sydney up - she is so cute!

Kimberly said...

I am so jealous! I wish it were warm enough here so we could go hiking. Days when you don't "have" things to do are the best.

Mel said...

What a fun day :) Your kids are so cute. I need your home address please :) you can email me at melanie007@sbcglobal.net

Tamara said...

Sounds like a great day! We love getting outside and hiking.

Hope you have a fun spring break and yes it is still a secret! :)

Mel said...

I deleted your address :( Could you send it again?