Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The Other Three!

Reading through my past posts I've realized that people might begin to think Sydney is my favorite! I really can't help it- she's home with me all day and she's pretty cute. So, this post is about the other three kids that we have roaming around the place.
Westley is doing great in school. His reading has taken off and he loves being able to read just about everything. I met with his teacher last week at conferences and she said that he is a joy to have in class, he's a good kid and he's doing really well. I was worried about starting him in first grade and wondering if I would have to hold him back. Looks like he's smart stuff and loves school. What do I know??!! This Friday is his first baseball practice. He's very excited and he thinks it's funny that he's going to have the same team name as last year when he was in T-ball. Jeff took him golfing last week- just to hit some balls at the driving range. Westley LOVED it and wants to go again. Jeff even admitted he had a great swing and can hit the ball far.
Morgan is also doing awesome in school. Her teacher said that she's always the first one done with her work (could be neater) and wants to help out all the time. She has lots of friends (including a few boy friends). She is taking piano and just finished her first session of tennis last week. The second sessions starts in a few weeks. She's already worried about what she wants to be when she grows up. She was having a hard time deciding between working at the zoo or Sea World. Then she was worrying about how she could work there after she got married and had kids-- thinking maybe her husband could stay home with the kids?. Looks like Sea World is on top of the list. I told her she didn't need to get married for a long time!

Addison, "Mr. I'm in fifth grade and I'm hot stuff" is doing great in school too. (such smart kiddos). He could use a little help in the math department, which is surprising since he was on the Math Field Day team again this year. Doesn't like fractions and I don't blame him! He's class is doing March Madness, boys against girls. They are trying to get points by reading books and then taking a test on it. So far the boys are winning. He was pretty worried that the girls would win since some of them are reading Twilight(what, 5th graders?? I would never let my 5th grader read that book!) anyway--Addison isn't doing any sports right now which I'm glad about. He has his guitar lessons on Thursdays and he's doing awesome. I'll have to get some video of him playing- one of these days- when he doesn't know I'm doing it! He just finished working on his Webelos badge and has to finish his Arrow of Light before his birthday in May.

So, there you go. I don't feel so bad now that Sydney has been the spotlight lately. (actually, I made her another dress. Check out my other blog to see! http://imsewinheaven.blogspot.com )




1 comment:

RachelAA said...

Geee I wonder why your kids are so amazing - now start planning that wedding :)