Tuesday, August 5, 2008

A special weekend

This past weekend we went to Carlsbad to visit our families and to bless Sydney. Sunday morning we went to church with my family and after we had Jeff's family over for her blessing and dinner. It was a sweet blessing (This is Westley's comment to Jeff before we started "Remember dad, keep it short") yup, he was just so excited his cousins were all there.
Sydney was a good girl for the whole thing. I just love her dress. My mom and Grandma bought it for her and it's exactly what I would of picked out.
That was Sunday, Monday we had everyone come back to Carlsbad to go to the beach and then back to my parents for some swimming.
Most of the cousins playing in the water
Rylan, Westley, Addison, Morgan, Mckaylynn, Taylor, Haylie and Cami
Not pictured is Anna who is six months and Sydney. They were enjoying the shade. Except poor Sydney came home with a sunburned face. I feel like the worst mommy! And, tomorrow she has a doctor's appointment so I know I'm going to get it! We were very careful and kept her covered up the whole time, must have been a hole somewhere. Monday night Jeff, Sydney and I drove home and left the three kids with my mom. It's been quite nice and peaceful around here. They are going to have fun hanging out with Grandma kicking back in the pool everyday. They don't come home till Saturday when I pick them up. It's our last getaway before school starts NEXT Thursday! What. School? Didn't summer just start?

6 comments:

Tamara said...

Sounds like a very fun weekend. I love the picture of all of you. Everyone looks great!

Miss you all!

KickButtMommy said...

What a gorgeous family photo. Sydney is a doll and the beach looks wonderful. You're not a bad mom, but how the heck did you get so skinny so fast?

Jamie said...

Beautiful blessing dress!

little miss shortcake said...

sydney is so cute! i love her blessing dress, and the dress she is in the last post. such a well dressed girl!

RachelAA said...

Oh so much to say!
1- I love that family picture, gorgeous family gorgeous scenery
2- Can I just saw I understood before why you missed that area and now seeing some pictures, I understand even more!
3- The timing of Sydney's face and her doctor's appoint. made me laugh - go figure huh! Jackson's face was burned when he was one month old, it happens.
4- A week without the kids... paradise. What a way to end the summer.
5- That dress is another thing that makes me want a girl, GORGEOUS!

Stephanie said...

What a nice family photo. Gotta love that San Diego backdrop!