Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Excuse me while I vent...

Since this has been my journal of late it's probably time to write some of my frustrations down. Not really frustrations I guess, more like I'm just tired all the time and don't have patience for anything. So what that mom doesn't have dinner on the table every night like other moms- they probably get an uninterrupted night of sleep. No waking up to feed a baby once or sometimes twice a night! So what if we have hot dogs twice a week instead of something healthy and homemade.
Let's talk about the bickering going on between the siblings! I was so excited for school to start but at the end of the school day and the kids are home all I do is referee-- this isn't a sport people! It's a home where we all talk nice to each other and treat each other with respect. No fighting or tattle telling! School isn't long enough! Speaking of school, since the first day Westley has been going with NO problem. Today I left him crying, kicking and fighting his teacher. He has never acted like this before. I don't know if something happened on the playground in the morning but he found me and wouldn't let go. I'm just waiting for him to escape from school and any minute knock on the door.
I need to plan my activity lesson for tonight, get treats for tonight, go grocery shopping since I've been putting it off for a few days-again because I've been to tired--today I teach two piano lessons and make the dreaded dinner, yup don't know what we are having! I'm usually an organized mama but lately-- well you know that tired issue again......

9 comments:

Jamie said...

Jenn, I totally relate! Sleep deprivation is the worst! Taylor STILL wakes up at night! And the whole cooking thing...I am with you! Taylor just sits at my heels and cries the entire time I try to cook! Just know that I feel your pain!

KickButtMommy said...

HUGS. You need some heather cookies. Next time I head that way excpect a knock on your door.

Family Misadventures said...

I need some Heather cookies too!!! :)

You should try that cookbook where you cook your meals for one month on a Saturday each month and then freeze things, kind of like how those meal assembly places but you do it yourself!

Luis and Katie De Leon said...

Oh, I know how you feel. I'm exhausted lately too. Hope it gets better.

Tamara said...

So sorry about the not so fun events! I do have to say that it sounds very familiar to how things are around here. The kids haven't started school yet and I think we are all driving each other crazy!

I'm so exhausted now and trying not to think about the fact that it will only get worse before it gets better!

Hang in there!

Christene said...

It has been fun catching up and looking at all your entries I have missed while moving. I don't think there is a woman alive who doesn't understand "tired." And my kids ate hot dogs last night. :)

RachelAA said...

Ahhh the drama that comes with a lack of sleep is someone no one can understand until they have been there. SO SO SO sorry - you are not along :)

Kristie said...

Yeah - ever since Miss Anna cut her first tooth - she is up twice a night - and that is after 4 blessed months of sleeping through the night! How's that for a slap in the face??

Sorry - hope it gets better soon.

Stephanie said...

Ha ha! Welcome to life with four kids. It's a nightmare, which is precisely why I don't blog. :)