Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Tis the Season

to be baking!! Today I'm having a cookie exchange with 12 other people. That means 1 dozen for each person. Yesterday was baking day and it didn't take as long as I thought. I made the Thin Mint Cookies which are so easy. Here's the recipe if for some reason you forgot to write it down when I had it on my blog. Thin Mint Cookies
1 box chocolate cake mix 2 eggs
a lid of vanilla 3/4 cup shortening
Mix all ingredients together, roll into balls and place on cookie sheet. Cook at 350 for 6-8 minutes. As soon as they come out place an Andes mint on top. Let it melt alittle and then spread around like a glaze.

Yummy!

This afternoon I will have a dozen different cookies to take to friends and neighbors--- and myself!!!

8 comments:

Chess Teacher said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
little miss shortcake said...

oh good - i actually did forget to write that down the last time you posted :)

Tamara said...

Sounds like a tasty cookie. I will have to give it a try. Each year I want to host a cookie exchange but never get enough courage to do it. Our place isn't very big and the people I would invite would each be bringing 1-2 kids. Wish I had a big playroom or basement to send them all to.

Hope the cookie exchange goes well.

Andes mints remind me of Grandma and Grandpa's house!

KickButtMommy said...

YUMMY!@

Anonymous said...

Um, I think you really are superwoman. Sometime I would like to see pictures of your house. The bits and pieces I see in the backgrounds of pictures are so cute. Stephanie

Kristie said...

Yummy!!

Family Misadventures said...

No peanut butter blossoms this year? :)

Kristie said...

PS...I made the cookies with Devil's Food cake mix and they turned out great!