Friday, December 7, 2007

Running Ragged!

Every December I tell myself that my days will not fill up. I will have lots of time to do things with the kids-- take it easy!! HAHA Yea right. Every December the days and nights are packed. This past week the only night that was free was Monday and next week is not looking so great either! Just a busy time of year with lots of things to do. I finally got to go Wednesday morning and get some shopping done. I had been trying for two days to go. It feels great getting alot done and excited to get ready for Christmas. I don't know how many "to do" lists I have made. Plus I've also decided that if something doesn't get done-- oh well. Like our family picture for our Christmas card.

Last night Addison had his book club at our house. The book we had picked for the month was The Best Christmas Pageant Ever. The kids had lots of fun talking about the book, putting on their own pageant and frosting Christmas cookies.
This morning Westley received an award at school. I should of warned the little guy! I wanted it to be a surprise. They called his name and he wouldn't move. His teacher finally got him up but he was crying. I don't know why they just didn't leave him there. It broke my heart to see him this way-- but of course had to take a picture. He somewhat smiled for the camara after awhile and then sat with me the rest of the assembly.


The day is cloudy, cold and rainy. I haven't made my bed yet because I'm seriously thinking about getting back in and going back to sleep. I haven't been sleeping very well lately and I'm exhausted! But-- SO MUCH TO GET DONE!!


5 comments:

little miss shortcake said...

i have come to the conclusion that there is no such thing as taking it easy in december!

Tamara said...

Just are not enough hours in the day or night for that matter! My shopping is pretty much done (just need to get something for Jeremiah) but it's all the little things that never seem to get done. We didn't get around to doing Christmas cards this year so we've been working on that. Jeremiah printed up over 30 before we realized that they said Mervry Christmas. Can't believe we didn't notice it sooner. Blame it on too many late late nights!

Tell me more about this book club. Sounds like fun.

Kimberly said...

Poor Westley! Gavin would have done the same thing. The book club looks like it was great fun.

Kristie said...

I don't envy you. I know my days are about to get busier, but am grateful at the moment that things are fairly quiet. Oh, and I sorta' copied your Christmas tree - I'm gonna post a pic on my blog soon...

KickButtMommy said...

That is a familiar feeling huh? One minute you think you have plenty of time the next you are panicing. Sweet little Westley. And so cute that Adison has a book club.