Wednesday, December 26, 2007

A Fun Day!

We told the kids on Christmas Eve that they couldn't get us up until 7am to go downstairs to open presents. Jeff booby trapped the stairs so nobody could go down and peek. 6:58 am, Addison walks in and gets everybody up. That started our long, but fun day. We always dig into the stockings first to see what Santa left-- doesn't take long because the kids keep eyeing the presents under the tree. We didn't buy the kids nearly as much as we usually do. They each had a few things to open from mom and dad and one thing from Santa. Thank you to all our family for sending us presents. They were all great and we love them. Picture of the kids before they attacked
Addison had a "pokemon" Christmas

Westley is happy with anything that has wheels


Yes, no more fighting over the other gameboy!





As soon as presents were opened and played with it was breakfast time. The traditional-- cinnamon rolls (no, not homemade!), eggs and hot chocolate. After that it was time to clean up and get ready for company!
My family came up and spent the day with us. Pretty much all we did was eat-- but hey that's the fun!! We had a small lunch with crackers and cheese, little smokies, chips and fruit. Then we opened presents to eachother. Thank you everyone! My parents got me a blender that is red to match my kitchen. Plus, the one I had was a wedding present and on it's last leg. Then it was time to eat again. I made a yummy ham, cheesey potatoes, deviled eggs. We had rolls, veggies and punch. So very yummy!
The activity for most of the day was playing the Wii we got for Christmas! The kids love it and everyone had a turn playing. I almost pulled out a rope to put around Westley's waist and tether him to the couch. The kid keeps getting closer and closer to the T.V.
My sister Aimilee trying out the Wii!
After our fun left, I crashed on the couch and fell asleep! It was a nice nap to help me stay up and watch one of our new movies. Pirates! I really didn't like it as much as I thought I would. Today we are just relaxing, playing the Wii and probably watching another new movie.

Hope everyone had a great day yesterday!





3 comments:

little miss shortcake said...

You got a Wii! How fun!

KickButtMommy said...

What a fun Christmas! Hadley would love a gameboy! We told her she can have it when she is 8.

Anonymous said...

What fun! We do our Christmas morning the same way - stockings from Santa first, and then one present from Santa, and a present or two from us. (Then all the presents from the Grandparents - thank goodness for Grandparents!) We also had almost the same Christmas dinner. Oh - and my two oldest boys had a very Pokemon Christmas, too! :) What a fun, fun day. But, no wii or gameboys at our house. I am too much of a scrooge. ;) Stephanie