Saturday, December 15, 2007

A lesson and a visit

I promised Morgan last week that if she kept her room clean for a week, I would teach her how to play tennis (you know, since I'm such a pro myself!) Can you believe she did it? Instead of starting her out at the actual tennis court I took the kids up to the school and they hit the ball against the handball courts. Addison hit the ball like a baseball, Morgan tried and was getting better, Westley would swing and miss. We need lots of practice-- that means lots of rooms clean. It was nice to get outside and play.


Jeff's been trying for weeks to go and trap another hawk. Today was victory day! Yipee!! He was very excited and this one is a keeper.
We ended the afternoon with a visit to Santa and Mrs. Claus down at our clubhouse. I told Morgan she had to be brave and sit on Santa's lap so Westley would stand next to him. He's getting closer and closer every year. Mr. Party Pooper wanted to stay home. Must be a 9 year old thing.
Tonight Jeff and I are going to a "white elephant" gift party. Those are always fun with lots of laughing and food-- love the food.




6 comments:

little miss shortcake said...

i could never get tennis down - i had too much of a softball swing.
maybe westley will be brave enough to sit with santa by the time your new little one needs an older sibling to be brave.

Kristie said...

Fun! I haven't played tennis in about 10 years!!

I love Santa pictures.

Kimberly said...

I love Addison's baseball swing. You're a good mom for teaching them how to play tennis while being pregnant!

Tamara said...

Sounds like a fun day! I'm so jealous of your sunshine! It's cold here and we have about 16 inches of snow on the ground.

It's times like this that I really miss CA!

Eve said...

Westley is too funny with his Santa fear. I guess I wouldn't want my picture taken with some huge, disguised stranger, either. :P

Kelsi {John, Jake, Georgia, Naomi, Alice} said...

i always had addison's problem with tennis too... softball swing. you're a good mom (to bribe them) to teach them to play tennis!