Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Call me crazy...

but right now this is my favorite place in the house. Every start of the school year I get attacked with papers and information for each kid. I needed a place just for it!! A place for all the school supplies for homework or projects-- A Happy Place! :) We have these cupboards in our hallway leading out to the garage. The bottom shelf used to be full of VHS movies-- but since our VCR player died and we're not planning on getting another.. bye bye movies. I have all the DVD's in a case so they don't take up any room either. Each kid gets a folder where the "important" papers go and everything has a home. ahhhh The bottom of this cupboard is full of canned food and food storage. I love cupboards! (notice I didn't take a picture of the top shelf-- still a work in progress)
On the other side of the wall is a white board where I used to have a list of their chores. They know what needs to be done in the morning and after school so I changed it to a schedule of THEIR week. They like to look and see what they have that day and mom doesn't have to remind them that.. today is guitar or tomorrow is football practice! Loving it!
Here's to a smooth and organized school year!

7 comments:

Amber said...

I Love this! I want to copy you. I was already admiring your white board the other day when I was there for piano.

Aimilee said...

Good thinkin!! That would be my favorite place too!! Gotta love organizing!!

Tamara said...

I love having things organized! Great job!

brookeisacrazylady said...

Ooh that is such a good idea. i'm totally copying you. what do you think i should do with a hall closet?

RachelAA said...

Awww there's nothing I love more than organization - seriously LOVE IT! Staples, oooh so fun :) Way to go! Oh, and yes, I can't wait for the day we need a white board. Seriously, I love looking at them all the time. Ok - now you know, I'm a bit looney.

Julia said...

looks awesome! I wish we had space for something like that!

Kristie said...

You are awesome!