We're all smiles around here! Why you ask? WE'RE A DIAPER FREE HOME!! That's something to shout about if you ask me!
Sydney has been sooo easy to potty train. At first I wasn't really into it because I just didn't want to deal with it-- she just turned two for crying out loud! But, she had other plans! She tells us all when she has to go-- and to hurry. "I have to go potty mommy, hurry!" I think what is the best is that she lets her brother and sister help her too. She's a bit on the little side to climb up onto the toilet and sit back but she almost has it.
Oh, and I guess the box of diapers that I bought a few weeks ago and just opened thinking I would need them for the nighttime.... NOPE-- she has to be wonderful and be dry all night. The other night she even woke me up to go potty and she was wearing a diaper. Seriously! I hope she keeps this up! Now we just need to work on her little attitude she's got going on. I told her last night she had to eat her dinner before she got juice.... FINE--she said with her little sarcastic, teenager voice! She's a bit bossy as well.
Another awesome thing that has happened at our house--we have our own babysitter! Last night we went to dinner with friends and didn't have to fork out babysitting money! We could actually order whatever we wanted and not worry about if we'll have left over for the babysitter! I'm just so excited about this time in our life--- and it's about time too! :) They did great and Addison even called and asked if he should give Sydney a shower! We did pay him a little bit and hopefully nobody ever tells him how much babysitters are charging nowadays (10 bucks an hour!!!!!) I see many date nights in the future!
It's almost time to get ready for Halloween! I think Fall might be my favorite season.. minus the dry weather, wind and fires... If you want to see my first Halloween deco of the season, go HERE!
Sydney has been sooo easy to potty train. At first I wasn't really into it because I just didn't want to deal with it-- she just turned two for crying out loud! But, she had other plans! She tells us all when she has to go-- and to hurry. "I have to go potty mommy, hurry!" I think what is the best is that she lets her brother and sister help her too. She's a bit on the little side to climb up onto the toilet and sit back but she almost has it.
Oh, and I guess the box of diapers that I bought a few weeks ago and just opened thinking I would need them for the nighttime.... NOPE-- she has to be wonderful and be dry all night. The other night she even woke me up to go potty and she was wearing a diaper. Seriously! I hope she keeps this up! Now we just need to work on her little attitude she's got going on. I told her last night she had to eat her dinner before she got juice.... FINE--she said with her little sarcastic, teenager voice! She's a bit bossy as well.
Another awesome thing that has happened at our house--we have our own babysitter! Last night we went to dinner with friends and didn't have to fork out babysitting money! We could actually order whatever we wanted and not worry about if we'll have left over for the babysitter! I'm just so excited about this time in our life--- and it's about time too! :) They did great and Addison even called and asked if he should give Sydney a shower! We did pay him a little bit and hopefully nobody ever tells him how much babysitters are charging nowadays (10 bucks an hour!!!!!) I see many date nights in the future!
It's almost time to get ready for Halloween! I think Fall might be my favorite season.. minus the dry weather, wind and fires... If you want to see my first Halloween deco of the season, go HERE!
8 comments:
Yay for no diapers and Yay for "almost" free babysitting. That is awesome. It will be all of us one of these days. Glad you were able to enjoy an evening out. See ya tomorrow for piano.
That is awesome that she potty trained herself so early! Oh, and to have a kid babysitting age! Sweet!
WAHOOOOOO for diaper free.
I am WAY jealous - seriously, Ry did so well the first three weeks and now, lazy bum!!! It's hit and miss with him but I really don't like going out without a pull-up on him. Grrr. So, way to go Sidney - seriously!!!!!!!!!!!! And WOW.... "free" date nights. How cool is that :) FALL.... HELLO, has always been my favorite. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!! Yes, Good times in your place Jenn - GOOD TIME :)
Yay! Being diaper free is wonderful, I remember those days. I can't wait for the free babysitting days, we are almost there!
Wait! $10 an hour? I have only paid $7. Does that make me cheap? What a great place you are in in life.
I have one word for you: Jealous.
On all counts.
Love you guys!
I'm loving the in house babysitter but we are still waiting for the chance to be a diaper free home. Congratulations!
Post a Comment