Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Fun Journal-- Day ONE


The kids and I drove four hours today to pick up our two fun visitors that are staying for the week. Welcome Spencer and Chandler! Yes, my four kids plus two more kids make six kids (way to add my friends!) :)

As soon as we got home the scooters were cruising down the sidewalk and a ramp was built. (yes, helmets were involved!) A nerf gun war broke out-- sorry no pictures of that, I was running for cover (no helmets were involved in that one, I would like a face mask though since Morgan was showing me how her gun didn't shoot and shot me in the face...)

Dad came home and saved the day with groceries to make dinner for us and dinner for the snake. The above picture is the showing of the snake eating it's dinner. Mouse a la carte! The kids were enjoying it a bit too much and Spencer even had to record it on his phone-- watch out mom and dad, you might get a viewing!

Right after that we ate--- yummy I know. Didn't seem to bother anyone. While enjoying the awesome weather we are having we bar-b-qued hot dogs and had french fries and watermelon. Everyone ate a lot-- probably because it was... hmm we won't mention as to what time we ate.

After table was cleared and dishes were thrown away (yes, that's right, paper plates all the way!) it was back on the scooters and bikes, oh and a little video game playing. Then jammie time and movie time...again we won't mention the time! Tonight's movie choice, Alice in Wonderland (hope that's okay with you parents.. didn't even check, but since you put me in charge...)

These kids pretty much take care of themselves. Sydney has been every one's little shadow and they don't seem to mind. It didn't take long for her to warm up.

So, hopefully I can get a few pictures taken each day to show what fun we are having!
Wish me luck! :)

2 comments:

RachelAA said...

Sounds FABULOUS!! Seriously, they sound like they have and are going to have so much fun! From the lighting at dinner, I would guess 8ish??? Maybe 8:30pm????

Jenn said...

okay.. not that late! :) Love summer-- no rush for anything!