Saturday, August 29, 2009

Updates and Shoes!

I thought it might be about time that I posted something about those other three kids that live around here. Maybe something nice and not about how they love to make messes and complain and fight with each other! Wait.. my kids are perfect, they don't do any of that stuff...




School is going great for Addison! (He took this picture of himself) I met his teacher at Back to School night and I was very impressed. He's going to be very ready for the 7th grade next year. Ah, next year! I can tell he's so excited that his dad is the new Scoutmaster. He's already started on Merit Badges and went with his dad to a school board meeting this past week for one of the merit badge requirements. He loves it! He's still taking guitar lesson and even surprised his teacher the other day when Addison played him something he taught himself. He usually is the one that starts most of the arguments around here.... I blame it on the 11 year old attitude and having to be the oldest.... not that I was ever like that! ha But, if that's all the problem Addison is giving us, we can live with it!Morgan...ah Morgan. She has really turned around this year! She's not afraid to try new things without having to watch first. She takes off with a "bye mom" as soon as we get to school. She loves piano (I need to find her a new teacher...) On occasion, like this weekend, I've been finding her playing with her ponies and barbies. I almost want to faint but I don't make a big deal of it--I walk in the room and quickly walk out!! I know there is a girly girl in there! She LOVES school and is excited for 3rd grade. We got her star test results back and she is advanced in everything. She loves taking care of her baby sister and is usually a big help. Except with cleaning her room..it takes all week!!

Westley--poor Westley.... I hardly have any pictures of this kiddo by himself! More than half the pictures on my camera are of Sydney! Westley is also doing awesome in school. He loves his teacher, he loves his class, he loves playing dodge ball and basketball at recess. He comes home sweaty, stinky and dirty everyday! It takes us more times to remind him to do something than anybody, and if you ask him to do something while he's watching T.V. forget it! He's zoned out of outside noise but he picks up and absorbs everything. He loves watching the Discovery Channel! He doesn't mind that he's little still (all my kids have that problem) he knows he's fast!

Sydney needed a haircut--bad! New experience for me since my other kids were bald till they were two. It wasn't easy either!

Can you tell she wasn't too happy about it? Is there some attitude starting to show? NO WAY! Not going to happen! Sydney is still making us laugh and smile. She's a little smartie pants as well.
Last night Jeff and I had gone out to dinner for our Anniversary and after we went shopping by ourselves. Of course who did we find the cutest shoes for? Jeff said we had to buy them for her. So, Sydney got a pair of converse high tops from her daddy! Pretty sad that she has cuter shoes than all of us!

I love my kids. I love being their mommy. I love their daddy!

6 comments:

Kristie said...

I love those kids! Their parents aren't half bad either! What a cute post.

little miss shortcake said...

i had to get kylie a pair of pink hi-top converse, too. they are much too hard to resist!

Tamara said...

sounds like everyone is doing well. Glad you got to go out for your anniversary. That's exactly what we did, dinner and shopping.

Rachel Z. :) said...

haha I had some size 0 pink converse when I was little too!!

Julia said...

Glad to hear everyone is doing so well! thanks for the update :) LOVE Sydney's shoes!

Aimilee said...

Rilynn has pink converse too!! :)

Thanks for the update on the other niece and nephews that I have...it's good to know they are still cared about, just kidding!!

love and miss you guys