Thursday, August 13, 2009

First Day of school!

Yesterday after 5pm we were able to find out who the kids teachers are. Everyone was excited with who they got and couldn't wait for morning. Jeff had the idea of taking the kids out to dinner for one last "fling" before school started. (no arguments from me!) We took them to try out a new place over here called The Habit. They've never had it before and they loved it. Very Yummy!!! Then it was home, baths, clothes out, lunches made and bed!

This morning they all had a bit of a hard time getting up but once they did (I had to sit on Westley) they were excited to leave for school.

Addison is too cool to really hang out with us before school so he quickly found some friends. Can't believe he's in 6th grade! I kept hearing how great his teacher is and how she'll have him so prepared for the 7th grade.

Morgan loves her teacher and lined up with her class. It helped that most of her friends are in the class and they all sit near eachother- we'll see how long that lasts!

Westley was so excited he walked into his classroom to find his desk and started to sit down before the bell. I was a little worried about him since his best buddy isn't going to school here this year but he said he played with his other friends. "duh mom, I have more friends!"

After Sydney and I got the kids off to school we got to work.

Wonder if she's to little to push a vacuum?

8 comments:

Tamara said...

Hope everyone had a good day!

RachelAA said...

Never too little to push vacuum :) What a great experience for all. And I totally forgot about the Habit - I love it, we used to live by one and I forgot there's now one here. Yeah!!!!

Jamie said...

School starts so early in CA! We still have 2 weeks!

KickButtMommy said...

Yay for the Habit!

Amber said...

The Habit is a yummy place to eat.

Cute pictures of the kids. I particularly like the one of Sydney. Just get a light vacuum. She'll be fine. Haha...

Rachel Z. :) said...

What teachers did they get?

Jenn said...

Rachel commented on my blog? How awesome is that! :) MISS YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Addison got Mrs. Brown
Morgan has Mrs. Callahan
Westley has Ms. Heimidian (no idea how to spell it!)

Everyone is happy!

Rachel Z. :) said...

haha We miss you guys too!!!

I'm glad everyone likes their teachers! I had Mrs. Brown for English and liked her a lot (don't listen to those people who are like "she's mean blah blah blah" because shes nice) I had Mrs. Callahan too and she's cool. Overall I liked both of them!! :)