Sunday, February 15, 2009

A Special Valentines!

Yesterday was a special Valentines for Morgan. It was her baptism day! Her best friend (and only other girl in their primary class) was also baptized, along with a boy from her school class and a boy she went to preschool with. It was great to have a baptism with friends you know! Morgan did a great job and she was so excited. Before it started I had to remind her to not be so loud and to settle down. Her response was "I'm loud when I'm nervous, I hope I don't have to go first". Of course she was first but she did such an awesome job. When she came out of the water she was all smiles! She knows that being baptized is what Heavenly Father wants her to do at this time in her life.
Here she is in her special dress-- she looks so grown up-- sniff sniff!
After the baptism we had family and friends over for some dinner. I went easy and ordered Rattlers salad and rolls and made some yogurt pies. Morgan received her scriptures from us and a little Hymn book from Grandpa and Grandma Smith. If you look closely in the picture you'll see the super cute necklace Grandpa Garry and Grandma Jo gave her. The whole day was perfect!

This morning I realized I didn't have any pictures of Morgan with her daddy. She was excited to wear her new dress again and wore it to church. So, I took some pictures of the two of them before we headed out the door.

What a great way to spend Valentines day!
We love you Morgan and are proud of you for making this decision to get baptized. What a great example to your friends and to your little brother and little sister. We love you!!



7 comments:

tphillips said...

What an amazing day! Im so glad Braden could share it with Morgan! She looked beautiful!

RachelAA said...

The daddy daughter picture is perfect - one she'll treasure I am sure. Congrats to you all - how exciting. And the dress is gorgeous!

Kelsi {John, Jake, Georgia, Naomi, Alice} said...

congratulations to morgan. she's glowing! :)

Kristie said...

I wish we could have been there. Morgan looks so beautiful and so grown up!

Stephanie said...

Beautiful dress! What a special day!

Tamara said...

Sounds like a very special day. I can't believe how grown up Morgan is looking!

KickButtMommy said...

That is awesome to have it on V-day. She will never forget