Jeff and the kids in front of the stinky flamingos
It was pretty hot so we rested alot
See that baby giraffe? I'm pretty sure it's the one I saw being conceived last year while on a field trip with Addison's class. Enough said.....
Sydney again slept through everything! She stayed asleep the whole time we were there and finally woke up as we left. Here she is getting a little stretch time and food time before going back into the carseat.
On the way there we passed the Krispy Kreme and I told Jeff we NEEDED to stop on the way back. I couldn't remember if I had ever had one. It's now going to be a tradition every time we come home from the zoo. (maybe on the way there too?) Very tasty! The kids loved it-- even got a whole donut for a sample!
It was a good day. We came home and spent the rest of the day at the pool cooling off. Oh, why do I have to live so far from the beach?
6 comments:
Sorry you didn't make it to the beach, but it looks like a really fun day anyway!
You are so funny! And you KNOW I have a picture of you watching the giraffe last year... :)
I LOVE Krispy Kreme. I think I'll have to go get some today.
The flamingos are always stinky and I don't know why. Whenever we go to the zoo, we always race past them because they smell so bad. Sydney is growing so fast. What a cutie!
I've been neglecting my zoo pass - it's been too dang hot to go!! Glad you guys had fun!
Didn't you even have Kirspy Kreme donuts while in Utah? We always make a point to go there when we are visiting. Didn't know they had some in CA!
We've been wanting to go to the beach too but decided on a trip to a local lake instead. We had lots of fun playing in the water and the kids had a blast playing in the sand. We just had to pretend there were ocean waves!
It is my dream to move back to the beach - I miss it so! The zoo is fun though and it's entertaining to all. But I am not very happy with you right now because I now desire a Krispy Kreme!!!
Post a Comment