Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day and A Party!

On Friday Morgan had her Mother's Day program at school. She was so excited to sing for me and to say a poem with a group of kids. She did such a good job! I didn't cry one bit during the program until she came to find me at the end to give me the flower bouquet she made me. Darn hormones!! After the program we were invited back to their classroom for some refreshments and to receive our Mother's Day gifts. She loved serving me my food and taking care of me. (of course little bro had to tag along)
Saturday night I threw a surprise 40th birthday party for my friend Diana. It was so fun putting it together and keeping it a secret from her. Which was super hard since I talk to her often. She came over thinking that we were just going out to dinner.......

She was very surprised and almost had a heart attack on my front porch. I love surprise parties!! It's fun to be the surpriser than the surprised!
Yesterday for Mother's Day we went to church-- yup, so much excitement! After a much needed (needed even longer) nap the kids gave me my present. I told Jeff all I wanted was a label maker. Hey, it's cool!! Now I can be even MORE organized! We didn't have time in the morning to have breakfast so instead of a big dinner, all I wanted was eggs, toast and hash browns. Very yummy! Jeff and Morgan took care of it all while I read some books to Westley. It was a good Mother's Day. A good day to just relax!



6 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

That is so great you threw Diana a party! How much fun! I LOVE my label maker. You go girl!

little miss shortcake said...

what a fun surprise!
happy birthday, diana!
and happy mothers day to you - i agree - label makers are cool. mine just broke :(

Family Misadventures said...

Happy b-day to Diana! Wish I could have celebrated with her!

Kristie said...

Happy Mother's Day! I can't wait til my kids are old enough to make things for me and understand Mother's day. I need some recognition, dang it! :-)

Kimberly said...

Happy Birthday, Diana! You are so cute for throwing her a surprise party. Wish we could have been there to join the fun.

Diana said...

Awwwww! Thanks for including me in your blog! I got to catch up on all the fun you had! Thanks again Jenn! You are truly my BBF!!! You are awesome!