Monday, May 19, 2008

BEE PREPARED...

to BEE grossed out!! So, Saturday night the kids were outside playing in the backyard trying to cool off. They suddenly come flying inside out of breath saying that a swarm just fly over our house. A swarm of what?? BEES of course. I told them to just watch out the window and they'll BEE flying away-- they are just checking out the neighborhood. Man, I hate beeing wrong! Guess they thought that our house would make a great hotel. Oh, I didn't mention that they thought the INSIDE of our house would make a great place to stay. HA- they've come to the HOTEL of DEATH!! They were flying inside of a vent that's on the outside of the house that goes to the fan vent in the downstairs bathroom. I hate bees!! They thought they were going to build a hive in my house-- wrong!!
After church Jeff and his friend Chase (who told us he used to be a bee keeper) smoked out the bees. There were so many and some of them clustered together on the tree right outside the vent. Nasty!! This picture wasn't great-- I took it from the inside. You can see all the bees flying out!
Jeff and Chase sealed off the vents and cut down the cluster and put those bees to death. Great Sunday activity-- I know! Now the bees that are stuck inside the vent are finding places in my house to squeeze through. You can imagine me walking around with a fly swatter and a can of raid!! I had the bug man come out this morning to spray the nest. He said that it would take a day or two for the bees to pass along the killer formula. I hope it works. I didn't sleep at all last night. The kids are stressed out-- they've never been so happy to go to school this morning!! I'll bee keeping you updated!

8 comments:

Kristie said...

Oh man, my foot started tingling just reading this post. (I got stung by bees on my feet one too many times!) AND I'm allergic!! I hope they're gone soon - I would be freaking out!!!

KickButtMommy said...

You poor thing. I had no idea that picture was of bees until I looked at it closer. GROSS! Maybe you should come hang out at my house!

Tamara said...

wow! Sure hope you get rid of all those little buggers!

Doesn't sound fun at all.

Jamie said...

Holy cow! What a picture! Yuck I hate bees too! I hope that they are all dead now!

Kimberly said...

Yuck!!! I would have freaked out! I wouldn't have known what to do with that many bees. What are the odds that your friend happens to have been a bee keeper, that's awesome.

Kelsi {John, Jake, Georgia, Naomi, Alice} said...

are they gone?? i sure hope so!!

Christene said...

You are lucky you caught them so soon. Jan charges hundreds of dollars to kill and remove hives from peoples houses. They are pesky - but worse than that they can cause major damage to your house!

Stephanie said...

What a nightmare! We have discovered we have little birds who have made a nest in our same vent. We are trying to figure out how to get them out.