Field trip day finally came. I got the pleasure of riding on the bus once again. Even if I didn't ride on the bus I still would have driven to the field trip-- it was only at Placerita Nature Center. I rode the bus and Jeff drove and met us there. Sydney was so happy her daddy was home in time for her field trip.
First we went into their classroom at the nature center and learned about different kinds of animals. Then we went off onto a hike. And our guide was a lady from our stake. They best docent ever!!! The kids loved her. She had the kids attention the whole time. She took us on a little hike and showed us trees and plants and stories of some of the first people in the valley. Sydney thought it was so cool to see her at stake conference today.
When Sydney is at home I think of her as being tall..... The three girls in her group, her best buddies, are a head taller than her! She looked tiny!
Sydney took my phone to capture this plant!
It really was a fun field trip. Helped that the weather was nice!
Hockey was canceled this weekend because of rain. Good though, so Jeff and I could make it to the adult session of stake conference. Loved stake conference! Had the elders over for dinner tonight. We are in the sisters zone but I asked if we could have the elders over--- since I have this 16 year old boy living here. They talked about missions and life. It was great!
First we went into their classroom at the nature center and learned about different kinds of animals. Then we went off onto a hike. And our guide was a lady from our stake. They best docent ever!!! The kids loved her. She had the kids attention the whole time. She took us on a little hike and showed us trees and plants and stories of some of the first people in the valley. Sydney thought it was so cool to see her at stake conference today.
When Sydney is at home I think of her as being tall..... The three girls in her group, her best buddies, are a head taller than her! She looked tiny!
Sydney took my phone to capture this plant!
It really was a fun field trip. Helped that the weather was nice!
Hockey was canceled this weekend because of rain. Good though, so Jeff and I could make it to the adult session of stake conference. Loved stake conference! Had the elders over for dinner tonight. We are in the sisters zone but I asked if we could have the elders over--- since I have this 16 year old boy living here. They talked about missions and life. It was great!
Westley says he has a project due Tuesday... Guess two days before is better than remembering the night before.
It's already Monday again... Weekends don't feel like weekends anymore. But, we are getting our puppy on Friday!!!! Yea!! And it's a four day school week! Yea!! And a four day weekend!! Yea!! And Valentines day. Yea!! With three hockey games that day... Boo!






No comments:
Post a Comment