Tuesday, December 2, 2014

The rest of Thanksgiving weekend

Yes, we Black Friday shop!!  We didn't go as soon as the doors opened though. 6pm was a bit early. We headed out about 9pm and got everything we wanted and didn't wait in any lines at Target. Kohls still had a line but it wasn't too bad.  
Sydney was a trooper and loved it. Can't remember her complaining once, even when it got to be 11pm. 
Sydney and Grandma
Friday morning Jeff took Westley beach fishing. They always catch fish on the beach!  He had a blast. 
Meanwhile Sydney was dying to go swimming. I told her it was cold and to just go for it. 

Whoa!!!  It was so cold it took her breath away!  She wouldn't speak for awhile-- I think she was upset because it was so cold and she couldn't go swimming. Grandma turned the spa on for them later though so all was good. 
Sydney and Uncle Roy having a tea party under the table. It's a tradition now. 
Holiday craft time. 



Our niece Samantha came and stayed for a few days too. She was super excited to go fishing with Jeff, and very excited when she caught a fish. What a fun uncle and dad!!
While they were doing that the rest of us were shopping in downtown Carlsbad. I love all the little stores down there. Felt like a tourist though. Lived there a long time and never really did much shopping down there. 
It was a good weekend. Came home Saturday night and crashed. Had to teach Sydney's primary class the next day and then finally got the Christmas decorations out. Can't believe it's already the 2nd!!  It's also been raining lots today. We need it! 

 And the best part about this week---  Jeff went back to work on Monday and found out he still had another week off!!! Hahahaha. I had a great laugh, he did too once he stopped feeling like a moron!  :)

2 comments:

RachelAA said...

Looks like a great weekend. Super impressed with Sydney's stamina. I would have crashed. And I think it's the best ever that it was concluded with Jeff's misunderstanding :)

Mindy said...

There's nothing that takes your breath away like jumping into a freezing pool! Ha ha!