Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Kayaking

For Father's Day I found a coupon for kayaking---  I thought about getting it for Jeff and hesitated until my friend Traci said lets do it!

So glad we got it because we had a blast!  Thursday night we drove to my moms so she could watch the kids and meet the Kingsburys in Newport Beach Friday morning.

Getting ready--- little unsteady at first...
Got the hang of it!  Paddled around the harbor for almost three hours.  Didn't take very many breaks either.  Jeff said he thinks my left shoulder is now bionic because we kept going to the right--  thank you physical therapy!  ;)

Jared and Traci



Done!  The three hour kayaking also came with lunch!  We picked up the kids in Irvine at my sisters house and drove home.  We were so exhausted that night and just crashed when we got home-- after taking an Aleve!  Shoulders were a little sore the next day but not much. Already can't wait to do it again.  Maybe I should buy my own kayak...

4 comments:

Mindy said...

Awesome! You guys are so hard core!

RachelAA said...

I think it is so awesome you guys did this. And yes, way to go bionic shoulder. Awesome.

KickButtMommy said...

We definitely want to get kayaks when we have room to store them.

Aimilee said...

Lools like fun! Glad we got to see you guys!