Tuesday, March 6, 2012

This is Why I Blog!

 I love that I can turn my blog into a book and hold it in my hands!   Volume 4 just came in the mail this week.  Nothing fancy, it doesn't take me long to put it together.  I don't go by year... mistake I made at the beginning, but volumes work too! 



The kids love to look through them!!  Too bad every year they are getting smaller and smaller!  Ha--really need to work on that.

 At the end I add all the pictures that didn't make the blog.  Since I don't scrapbook anymore, because there just isn't time to do everything, this works!! 

I've figured out what to do with my kids pictures.  When they graduate from high school they will each receive a book like this with all their pictures from baby to then, and if they want to read these blog books, then they need to come home and visit mom!  :)  No way I'm buying each one a book every year!  Sydney's book will be the easiest since she's been digital since birth!  :)

Will. Blog. More!!

6 comments:

RachelAA said...

So are you storing their pictures in a bin to scan later? I am struggling because I want books but I would also like some hard copies. Hmmm, the options. I like how uniform your books are :)

KickButtMommy said...

Way to go!

Phillips Family said...

awesome! I love how you add the additional photos to the back...I might have to steal that idea! Oh yeah and I still need to start mine from 2008! UGH!

Kelsi {John, Jake, Georgia, Naomi, Alice} said...

love it! love the idea of throwing the extra pictures in the back as well as making a 'life' book for all the kids later. i always feel bad that i don't have the money to buy them each a copy when i print my blog book each year, but i like your plan... maybe i'll make it my plan as well! :)

mlauricella said...

Eventually I will make one of these. Good to see what others do first so I don't make a mistake. And way good idea to just add the remaining photos in the back. Unfortunately, I think I put every picture on the blog. There isn't anything else left! I don't take pictures much :/

Aimilee said...

The books look great!!!