Tuesday, February 28, 2012

It's Made with WHAT?

 The other night we had something with Ketchup.... oh yes, Jeff BBQ'd hamburgers.  As we were enjoying our delicious meal we noticed what was on the back of the Ketchup bottle.










FOR REAL??  
Cookies, made with Ketchup..... eewwww
 and of course, I had to try it out!!  Really felt like I was ruining the cookies which turn out to be peanut butter cookies... with a little ketchup in them. 
 I added chocolate chips, because peanut butter always tastes good with chocolate, throw a little ketchup in there... who knew!!  You really can't taste the ketchup but, the cookies do have a pink tint to them!  :)
I'm not really a fan of making cookies... the whole waiting for them to bake and having to put more on the pan and then waiting some more.... patience, HA!  So, I decided to freeze the other half of the dough for another day.... then the doorbell rang and my little Girl Scout was here with my cookies!!!  Perfect, already made and ready for me to eat!!  :)

So, if your Ketchup bottle has a cookie recipe on it... try it out.  You never know, it can be your "secret" ingredient!

4 comments:

RachelAA said...

Yes, I checked mine and out there it is. I'll have Andrew try it out :)

Aimilee said...

Wow, who knew?! So do they taste like normal peanut butter cookies?

Adam and Lisa said...

Really??? Were they good enough to make again?

Jenn said...

They tasted okay... I will be making them again, only because I froze some dough!