Seriously... AGAIN?? We obviously didn't fix the problem like we thought we did last January when our house flooded!
These are pictures from last year-- I was too depressed to take new ones this year!
2010
These are pictures from last year-- I was too depressed to take new ones this year!
2010
2011
Last Sunday we had rain, lots and lots and lots of rain! We thought we were going to make it-- but came home from church and found our house taking on water. SO FRUSTRATING! The new wood floor hasn't even been down a year and it's up again. We're living with that ugly Spanish tile again and hopefully we can save most of the wood floor and only have to buy a box or two. (so glad Sam's Club still sells it!)
The company that we had come back again, said that our damage was actually minimal compared to other people. In just one day they had 30 calls.
This is the front room-- the carpet had been pulled back but the guys laid it back down to dry with their big loud fans. It's dry now and next week they'll come back to put a new pad underneath and then stretch the carpet back down and then fix the dry wall and then I can paint, then Jeff can put the baseboards back up-- deja vu!
So Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday we had fans going 24/7 to dry out the walls. AND on top of that we had ordered windows three weeks before this happened and they called Wednesday and asked if they could come the next day to put them in.... I love my new windows, they actually make me ignore the other mess at the moment! Ok, not really but it's so fun to open the windows and the sliding glass door is so smooth!
Still have a mess to put back together but we're going to do it. It's just a house and it can be fixed. Life is still going on.... I sent Jeff away last night so he could go turkey hunting with his dad and brother. He went back to the doctor Tuesday and they told him to stay in the office another two weeks. His chipped sternum isn't better yet. (and scooping water out of the backyard Sunday night didn't help at all).
Today it's still overcast and looks like rain but nothing compared to last week. Thursday it's suppose to be 79 degrees and I can't wait! The planter along the back of the house, which is causing all this has too much dirt in it-- so it's going to be dug out and cemented because I'm not doing this again!
I'm teaching Morgan's primary class tomorrow.." The House Built on a Rock", how ironic is that? Things I would do to have a great lesson! :)
Went to Trader Joe's today-- I'm now addicted to their chocolate covered peanut butter pretzels.
My 7th grader got all A's on his report card.
It's already Saturday but it has felt like two weeks in one.
5 comments:
Oh those chocolate peanut butter pretzels can surely get you through the worst of times.
Sorry about your house though.
Did Brooke get you those Chocolate Peanut butter pretzels? They are SO yummy huh! I'm so sorry your house flooded...AGAIN. But I LOVE your new windows.
What chaos!! Glad the pretzels and new windows are there to brighten your day!! Good luck with everything this week.
Windows make such a difference - they're gorgeous! I am so glad you may be able to save some wood after all. Like I said, call if you need help putting it in!! And I like your little positive thoughts at the end :)
So sorry about the flooding! Not fun. Glad you like your windows.
Post a Comment