Thursday, March 3, 2011

Books..Books...Books

This past week I've read four books! Yup, four books and all good ones which is why I read them so fast, couldn't put it down and ignored my family. Okay not really... the laundry still got done, no dishes in the sink and the house is somewhat clean... just don't open a closet and dinner was on the table every night!

Want to know what books I read? If not-- see ya!
You can click on the books title and it will take you to Amazon to see it.

First, The Princess Academy by Shannon Hale
Never heard of Shannon Hale until I read the Goose Girl last month for book club (which is now my favorite book, next to The Secret Garden) The Princess Academy received a Newberry Award, very cute.

Second, Sun and Moon, Ice and Snow by Jessica Day George
This book was a little harder to get into... had a girl who could talk to animals and they could talk back. It got better as I read on and turns out talking animals and trolls and mystical creatures aren't too bad.

Third, Enna Burning by Shannon Hale
This is the sequel to The Goose Girl. Loved it as much as I loved the Goose Girl. I guess there's two more in this series I will definitely be reading.

Fourth, Austenland by Shannon Hale
Yes, three Shannon Hale books in one week-- I went through each section in the library and found one! This book made me laugh out loud! About a modern day women who just can't find the right man, why? because she keeps comparing them all to Mr. Darcy.

I already have another book I'm going to start today. My favorite time of the day when I actually can't do anything but read is waiting to pick up the Junior High kids! I'm going to give an Agatha Christie book a try. I love a good mystery!

The kids and Jeff have been little bookworms as well.

Jeff has read two good books recently (I also read them, so I know they are good). If you want a little action adventure read Clive Cussler. The Chase and The Wrecker.

Addison started the Jack Sparrow series awhile ago and just wants to see how they go even if they are below his reading level. He can read the whole book in an hour.

Morgan is my reader! I told her we need to make a list and write down the books we read in 2011 and see who reads the most... I'm at 11 and I'm pretty sure she might have passed me already. And she's not just reading little chapter books either... Eragon, Fever 1793 and all of the Boxcar Children Books!

Westley has finally decided books are pretty cool. He's read some Indiana Jones and is now working on those owl books The Guardian of GaHoole.

Sydney went with me to the library and picked out a book and won't put it down. She keeps saying she wants to keep it at her house. Very cute book though... Brown Bear, Brown Bear what do you see?

So, there you have it... books, books, books! We love books! Another book I'm excited to get is our family blog that I ordered into a book! Volume three. Should be here any day!

Happy Reading

3 comments:

Tamara said...

I love the Goose Girl series. You should definitely read the other ones!

We've just started reading the Fablehaven series and Mysterious Benedict Society. Good stuff!

Amber said...

Can I borrow your "Goose girl" book? If it was yours that is. I started "Water for Elephants", but it was rated R, so I put it down. Hoping i can get my money back. And really hoping the movie is cleaner.

brookeisacrazylady said...

i am reading enna burning right now, just started.

have any your kids read harry potter? debating on when to let Luke read the 3rd book. he is dying to but i'm worried its too scary.