Sunday, April 11, 2010

Our Spring Break


Hard to believe that spring break is already over. We had a fun and busy week. My plan was to blog every day about what we did---anyway...
Tuesday we took off for the zoo. I bought a year pass for the family since it was the same price as paying for a day for all of us. It was a bit crowded but we saw and did all that we wanted to do.

Three of my cubs watching the bears.

They made a new friend...

We only stayed for a few hours. We enjoyed the animals, the weather was perfect, we brought our lunch and stopped for a treat at Krispy Kreme on the way home. (I think it's turning into a tradition!)
Sydney stayed awake the whole time and was exhausted when we got home. Phew--what a day.
Wednesday we planted our garden--actually I planted our garden while the kids played in the backyard and in the neighborhood with the kids. If my garden starts doing well, I will take a few pictures. Hopefully they survived all the rain we had last night! geesh

Thursday Jeff had the day off so we took off to the beach. The first half hour we were there it was super windy and not that much fun. Once the wind stopped it was so nice.

So, glad Jeff got to come with us. He took the kids down to the water and built a sandcastle. Even Sydney was down there playing and didn't mind the waves. She was having a blast. Morgan and Westley were off collecting shells and pretty rocks.

This is what I did.....

Thursday night Jeff worked an over night overtime shift so Friday morning I decided to get the kids out of the house so he could sleep in peace.
The kids were asking all week to go mini golfing. They had gotten a free pass from the school---but of course it didn't work on Fridays... but we went anyway. The older three kids decided they don't like golfing with their little sister. I was laughing and they were getting mad every time they hit the ball. Sydney would run after it, grab it and run away. Sometimes she would drop it in the hole for them.

Addison tried to have some patience and let her play--it didn't last long. She would hit the ball and then hold the club above her head and yell "GOAL"! (yes, we watch and play to much hockey around here!)



It was probably the quickest game of mini golf we have ever played! After that we grabbed some lunch at went to the park.

I love having older kids. They take care of themselves, they take care of their little sister. They push her on the swings, they let mommy talk to a friend....it's great!


The week ended with us going our separate ways. Jeff took the three older kids to a Kings hockey game and Sydney and I headed down to Irvine for my sisters bridal shower. They had fun at the game even though the Kings lost. Morgan came home with a puck that went over the glass (her brothers were a bit jealous!). I had fun being with my mom and sister. After the shower we went and helped my sister unpack some boxes in her new house and then mom and I went to South Coast Plaza for some shopping.

It was a good week, stayed up late, slept in till 8am. Now it's back to school, bed early, waking up early..but it's OH SO QUIET!!!

9 comments:

Tamara said...

Sounds like a fun week. Next week is our spring break and I'm wondering what fun things we can do to stay sane! I'm sure the new wii will be a big help!

Aimilee said...

Sounds like fun!! Can't wait to see you all!

RachelAA said...

Looks fantastic - you guys are adorable. Can I borrow the book???

Kristie said...

FUN! I have the cutest nieces and nephews ever!

Jenn said...

of course you can borrow the book...when i'm done! :)

RachelAA said...

Wahoo - I haven't seen the movie because I know the book is probably better. But take your time, I still need to read for book club.

Julia said...

Looks like a great week! Wish we could have come too.

tphillips said...

Wow you put my spring break to shame! Looks like a blast!!!! Such a cool mommy you are :)

Kimberly said...

What a fun week! I especially loved the part about Sydney with the mini golf, too funny!