This past weekend Sydney and I took a little trip. I hadn't been on an airplane since 2002 so on Thursday afternoon as we were driving to the airport I was a bit anxious. I had gotten some pointers from friends so I knew that I would be somewhat okay. Jeff dropped us off at the curb...me, Sydney, stroller, car seat and suitcase. Pretty funny trying to juggle it all but we made it.
Checked in bags and car seat (very happy to get rid of them)..check.
Take elevator upstairs to the family and handicap security line...check.
Undress for security check--seriously felt like it. Shoes off, including Sydney's, jacket off, fold up stroller and put through scanner, walk through metal detector and pray they don't do a search--passed....check.
Redress...check.
Find gate and check in...check.
Wait over an hour with a baby who doesn't want to sit in stroller and only way to get her still is with a McDonalds happy meal...check.
Finally board plane and have a nice flight. The backpack full of goodies lasted the whole time thankfully! It felt like a super long Sacrament meeting!
The reason we made this trip to Utah was to see my new niece! Sydney wasn't too sure about her at first, but warmed up and wanted to touch her and hold her. Here's some pictures I took of her and her cousin Rilynn!
Checked in bags and car seat (very happy to get rid of them)..check.
Take elevator upstairs to the family and handicap security line...check.
Undress for security check--seriously felt like it. Shoes off, including Sydney's, jacket off, fold up stroller and put through scanner, walk through metal detector and pray they don't do a search--passed....check.
Redress...check.
Find gate and check in...check.
Wait over an hour with a baby who doesn't want to sit in stroller and only way to get her still is with a McDonalds happy meal...check.
Finally board plane and have a nice flight. The backpack full of goodies lasted the whole time thankfully! It felt like a super long Sacrament meeting!
The reason we made this trip to Utah was to see my new niece! Sydney wasn't too sure about her at first, but warmed up and wanted to touch her and hold her. Here's some pictures I took of her and her cousin Rilynn!


I was great to see family! My cousin Julia taught me how to make the YUMMIEST, EASIEST bread EVER and I can't wait to start cooking once I find the "special" ingredient!
We went on lots of walks....only way to get Sydney to take a nap because she wouldn't fall asleep in the crib that wasn't hers. We took a drive through the American Fork canyon and saw all of the beautiful trees changing colors and all of the many hunters out on their first day of hunting season!
Sunday my Grandma made a very yummy dinner and then it was already time to say goodbye. Back to the airport, back through everything just to get on a plane to come home. The plane home was half an hour late and by then Sydney had had it. She was super tired because she only slept from Grandma's to the airport. She was a bit grumpy on the plane but not too bad and finally fell asleep 5 minutes before we landed.
It was great to see the other kiddos and Jeff. They all survived with mom away....but don't want me to leave again anytime soon!


4 comments:
You went to Utah and didn't call me!? We are flying down on Thur and I always get anxiety flying with the girls by myself! It's no fun and the security line is the worst! I get sick just thinking about it
So glad you were able to come, I'm sorry we didn't get a chance to say goodbye, it was a very crazy weekend with Dusty gone!
Glad you got to go. How fun to see the new baby. Love the pictures of the two girls.
That whole flying thing is not very fun but the security is the worst part of it all! When we came home from Utah I was by myself with all the kids. Luckily my dad got a special pass to go through with us and walk us to the gate. I don't think we would have made it otherwise. At least I know that when I get on the airplane my kids can't go anywhere!
Now that you are an old pro at flying, want to come out here and visit?
Sounds great! And can I just say I so can't stand the undress and redress process with kid - grrrrr. But I get it :)
Post a Comment