Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Youth Conference 2017

oh man--we LOVED helping with youth conference but oh my goodness it was A LOT of work!! Jeff and I were asked to be mission presidents for the Italy mission.  I left the spiritual stuff up to Jeff and I took care of the food.  (lots of food) every time we met I had something different for them to taste.  First morning was Pizzelle cookies that my friend Amber made and Ficata bread with green olives.   then I made biscotti cookies and bruschetta with bread for the other day.  I'll talk about dinner later....
Friday we meet our mission and then broke off into workshops.  

missionary 101--learning how to make something so you don't starve if you don't have members feeding you!

 another workshop--Time!  How to manage your time in the mission. 
These four boys were in our group and they were awesome with Gavin!!
 We played a get to know you game when we first met the kids
 Missionary relay--hilarious
 Morgan's companion was Ashley.  Ashley hadn't been baptized yet when we had the conference but she loved every minute of it.  Morgan lost her voice Saturday night so when it was time for the testimony meeting she texted Ashley her testimony and both girls went up and Ashley read it for her! haha Morgan knew Ashley wouldn't go up by herself--sneaky!  But two weeks after this conference Ashley was baptized!!  We had her in our home a few times with the Elders and she was a tough cookie!! She kept waiting for that frying pan to hit her in the face to help her know things were true.  I think she knew-- Stubborn teenager was getting in the way.  She's amazing and Morgan loves her! 

 and Dinner!! 
I'm SO GLAD I asked our friends the Fogg's to help me cook.  While Jeff was with the kids for their "p-day" activity at the trampoline place we were home cooking up a feast!  We cooked three different pastas and three different sauces.  Salad and garlic bread with Gelato for dessert!  Sounds simple but it was a lot of work--and squeezing almost 20 people for dinner was  fun too.  and our kitchen had only been done a few days!!! way to break it in.  


 This was Westley's dinner at the Stratton's.  He was in the Romania mission and Morgan was in the Colorado mission --where she tried Rocky Mountain Oysters---blah
 Milan, Italy mission.  We really did have some great kids.  
 Saturday the kids were with their companion and then placed with missionaries serving here in the San Fernando valley.  I only got this picture of Westley, but both kids had a great time and great experiences.  Made Morgan realize how much she really does want to serve a mission! 

 We did service, workshops, lunch, splits with missionaries, testimony meeting.  It was a packed two days!  Sydney had school Friday but Saturday she had to hang out with us for the whole day.  Her and I did get a break when we took Westley to his hockey game Saturday evening but I made it back in time for some of the testimony meeting, slide show and dessert.  It was a great weekend!! and I'm so glad they asked us to help.  

No comments: