Monday, August 18, 2014

Back to school 2014

Already!  I'm not happy that school has started. Even if I am sitting here in a very quiet house--  all by myself!  

Addison has a first period class this year which starts at 7am!!  Which also means he has to go to the early early seminary class!  Today was the first day for that and he was nine minutes late!!  On the first day--- we will have to work on that!!  5:50am comes early!  And he doesn't have his drivers license yet-- so guess who gets to drive him!!

First day of school he wouldn't let me take his picture!  I've gotten one since preschool so I will get one!  Even if he's already out of the car. 
Morgan is super excited for 8th grade. She's the co-editor for the school newspaper and I think she likes helping her brother out.

Westley wasn't even nervous to start junior high. I wasn't either because I knew Morgan is there and he has a bunch of friends there too.  Just have to keep on the kid to make sure he's organized and knows what he's doing!

My last one in elementary school!  Sydney couldn't wait to start 1st grade. After school she said "I don't like school, but I love 1st grade!!" ??  
She walked right in and found her seat and had a good day.  She only knows one girl and three boys in her class-- all the other girls from last year are next door. :( but, it will be fine. She had no problem going again today. 
After school on the first day---  still smiling
Guess it's time to get into a routine!  Addison gets out everyday at 12:15pm. Pretty much ruins my day so I'm really hoping he passes his drivers test soon!  Finally figured out a carpool for the junior high kids--  it was looking a little iffy there for awhile!  It's my week to pickup in the afternoon, which is back in the same direction I picked up Addison two hours before....  Grrr Jeff is home in the mornings and leaves for work at 11:30am. Today we went grocery shopping!  :)

2 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

My days are super fragmented right now too.

RachelAA said...

Kids look fabulous and 1st grade sounds incredible ;) Glad you got a hot date!! Here's to a driving teen so you can have less back and forth (also so you can crack up in the car and not have to explain yourself - hehe). Craziness.