Wednesday, May 2, 2012

A New Pet...

 Morgan has been saving her money for awhile now to buy herself a bird.  She's been dying for this pet and has done lots of research on how to take care of it. 

Her dad helped her figure out the details and next thing we know she has her pet.   Kiko the cockatiel.  





Here's something you might not know about me...... I HATE BIRDS!  or anything that flutters around me.....  I think it started in Jr. high when we had to eat lunch outside and the seagulls would fly over our heads trying to take our food and then sometimes leaving behind their thanks on our heads, shoulders, bags.....OR it could of been while I was in high school and my Chemistry teacher let the "class bird" fly around the classroom.  I would sit and cringe every time it would fly my way.  OR maybe it was when my carpool in high school let their pet bird fly around IN the car!!  Seriously.... you would have issues too!  Even as I write this my anxiety is jumping all over the place.

So, now we have a bird in the house.  I'm not happy about it but I'm making the kids happy right?  this is for them, right?  Every time I walk by the birds cage it (yes, I call it an IT) jumps down off it's perch and paces in front of the door!  HA in your dreams I'm going to open it and let you out! 

Morgan has done a good job of keeping the cage clean and the water changed.  I think she knows what will happen if she doesn't!

6 comments:

Phillips Family said...

YOU DID IT!!???!! WOW you are a good mommy!! It is kinda cute though...way to take one for the team! :)

RachelAA said...

Honestly with how much it entertained Cole, I'm even slightly considering it. But can Morgan come take care of it for me??? And who lets it fly around in the car - so dangerous!!

KickButtMommy said...

you're a good mom.

Julia said...

so i probably should not tell you that we have had our bird just like that for over 10 years now????? morgan will just have to take it with her when she gets married and moves out! :)

mlauricella said...

I have to comment on this one! I thought the pictures of the bird on each of the kids was awesome! Then I read about your poor bird experiences. I must say, you seem drawn to birds... I have never had a bird experience! The car really?

Traci said...

Love your honesty! The best way to fight a fear is to look it straight in the eye. Now you can do it multiple times a day. HA!