I still need to blog about Christmas Eve and Christmas day and New Year's Eve and New Year's Day. Honestly it's not that important to me right now. I have other things to think about like being with my kids and keeping an eye on my little lady who I thought I lost yesterday.
I saw her on the stairs eating some string cheese. The front door was shut and Addison was just going out the back door to play with the other kids. I turn around and she's gone...front door is still closed and it's very quiet. I call her...and call her....and scream for her. I looked everywhere upstairs. Bedrooms, bathrooms. I went running outside and looked up and down the street. I called Addison and told the kids I couldn't find Sydney. Now I'm in a panic and about to lose it. Addison was looking inside and I was looking everywhere outside. I came back inside as Addison is going back upstairs to look and I hear him say...."Sydney where were you?" She was standing at the top of the stairs like nothing was going on! We have NO idea where she was because we looked everywhere. My heart took forever to slow down and I held her, against her will, for a bit. The little rascal!!
It made me think, about how much I love my rugrats even when I'm done and have had it. I love being a mom!
I saw her on the stairs eating some string cheese. The front door was shut and Addison was just going out the back door to play with the other kids. I turn around and she's gone...front door is still closed and it's very quiet. I call her...and call her....and scream for her. I looked everywhere upstairs. Bedrooms, bathrooms. I went running outside and looked up and down the street. I called Addison and told the kids I couldn't find Sydney. Now I'm in a panic and about to lose it. Addison was looking inside and I was looking everywhere outside. I came back inside as Addison is going back upstairs to look and I hear him say...."Sydney where were you?" She was standing at the top of the stairs like nothing was going on! We have NO idea where she was because we looked everywhere. My heart took forever to slow down and I held her, against her will, for a bit. The little rascal!!
It made me think, about how much I love my rugrats even when I'm done and have had it. I love being a mom!
8 comments:
It's seriously the worst feeling EVER when you see your kid one minute and can't find them the next. SO glad she was okay. Sheesh! They really can get our heart racing.
SCARY!!! Glad all is well!!!
Yikes! So glad you found her. What a scary feeling. I want to know where she was. Sounds like that would be a good place to be for a game of hide and go seek.
You gave me CHILLS - what a rush, in not so fun of a way. I'm glad she is ok!!
ugh that is the worst feeling EVERY! Sounds like she has found the best hiding space ever!
I hate that feeling. One time in the condo Christian and Hadley were playing in their room. I went in there and Hadley was there but no Christian and the screen was out of the window. I thought I was going to die (we lived on the third floor). I ran outside sure I would find a mangled child, hysterical and sobbing, and luckily he had pushed the screen out then run down to get it. HEART ATTACK. I put a lock on the windows AND high on the front door after that.
Rachel crawled out the cat door while I was in the shower one day. I come out dripping wet and call her name no answer. The door is still locked and nothing had been moved. She was not on our block but around two corners. This was in Santa Fe and I didn't know my neighbors. No one would have known who she belonged to. I think it has happened to every mom.
YIKES! My girls like to hide under the bed...that's the first place I check when someone is missing. Hiding games are not fun.
Post a Comment