
Since last Thursday the kids and I were down in Carlsbad at my parents house. Along the way we stopped and picked up another kid (what's one more?). My niece Sammy! As soon as we got there it was in the pool for everyone. The weather was perfect. Here's some pictures of our little visit.
I threw Sydney into the pile of pillows (11) that were on the bed I slept in. I know there is 11 because I had to count one morning!

The twins plus one. My mom bought the older girls these outfits and Sydney just happened to have this one. I remember when my cousin and I used to dress the same. (please excuse Morgan's hair-- they had been in and out of the pool all day)

Sunday
After church we drove up to Fallbrook to surprise Grandpa Garry for his birthday. We planned it with my sister in-law, Launa who met us there. It was fun to surprise him and have dinner and cake.
from left to right
Shea-Morgan-Westley-Grandpa Garry- Sydney-Addison-Remi
Happy Birthday Grandpa Garry!

MONDAY--BEACH DAY!
I love waking in the morning, rolling out of bed and putting my swimming suit on! We packed up the kiddos and heading down for some fun in the sun! The sun wasn't actually shining when we got there but it came out and we lathered on the sunscreen! The kids had a blast.
I thought and was hoping that Sydney wouldn't like the sand and would just stay in one place, under the umbrella...no such luck!

Here's Addison and Westley starting their "big" hole. Didn't think the digging would last too long. I thought (again with the thinking) that they would get bored of it....

He was so proud. He's actually standing in the hole. A guy who was sitting next to us asked if he could jump in. Addison was quite pleased with his work.

We came home today minus two kids. Morgan and Westley are staying down at Grandma's till Saturday. Tonight was Addison's last pack meeting where he received his Arrow of Light and crossed the bridge into Boy Scouts. (I will post those pics later). It's been alittle quite around here which is nice, but OH so HOT!!


5 comments:
I love the attack of the pillows - so cute! What a dreamy few days!
Looks like fun! I wish I could have been there to surprise my dad too! Tell Addison that was an awesome hole!
Looks like so much fun! Glad to see the "cousins" got to get together for some fun times, Some of my fav memories are flying out to Auntie's house and playing all week long in the pool and at the beach. Glad the traditions are still going forth!
Sheesh you couldn't keep me away from my moms house if it had a pool and was by the beach!
There is something about little boys and digging holes. My brothers spent hours digging a huge hole in the backyard. My kids love to try to dig holes in our yard (until I catch them).
Post a Comment