Thursday, July 16, 2009

Arrow of Light


After a lot of work and turning 11 Addison finally earned his Arrow of Light! Here he is walking over the bridge leaving his cub scouts behind and entering into the world of Boy Scouts.

Addison with the Scoutmaster, receiving his Boy Scout neckerchief. (if you notice in his hand he is holding the arrow that he got to make, with REAL hawk feathers!)

Addison with Justin, the new Eagle Scout. Justin was telling everyone how great it is to be a Boy Scout, how awesome it is to earn your Arrow of Light and how amazing it will be when you earn your Eagle.

Way to go Addison! We love you and are proud of all the work that you did to earn this award!

5 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

Congrats! That is very exciting!

Julia said...

congrats thats great!

Stephanie said...

So how was it getting him through that? My oldest finished his wolf just in time to become a bear. I am SOOO not looking forward to years and years of this with four boys. (And now I am his cub scout leader. Yuck.)

Jenn said...

It actually wasn't too bad. The Webelo scout has more to do. I told Jeff that I would do Cub scout years and he's in charge of the Boy scout years. I'm glad that I have a little break until Westley turns 8 and starts scouts.

Kimberly said...

Way to go Addison!