Monday, September 15, 2008

What next?

So, last week we had to live without the Internet. This week we are living without a microwave and dishwasher. Saturday night while Jeff was heating up his dinner the microwave made a funny noise and then stopped working. grrr It hasn't been so bad, we can't heat up leftovers and no microwave popcorn. Might have to bust out the old popcorn popper, I wonder if my kids have ever seen one before. The dishwasher has been going out for awhile now. I thought it was our water turning the dishes all gross but if I wash them by hand they come out okay. But wash the dishes every night, no thanks, we eat on paper plates so I have more time to spend with my kids and we all know how much I love spending time with my kids!! I thought it would be a great chore for my kids to do but come to find out--- they can't even reach the faucet! oh well, looks like we'll be getting a microwave and dishwasher for Christmas.

Here's a picture for you. This is what Sydney's hair looks like towel dried after her bath!
Sydney is too much fun to have around! She's so stinkin cute and loves to smile at everybody!
I kept Westley home from school today. He ate something this past weekend that didn't agree with his belly. He spent alot of time on the toilet yesterday but doesn't act sick. He was worried about going to school today. So, he's been talking his head off and I can't wait for school tomorrow. I took him to aerobics with me this morning and as we were driving we had this nice conversation...
West: Mommy, if you die or get hurt I will give you medicine because I love you
Mom: If I die or get hurt you should call 911 or go across the street to Aidans house.
West: I get to live with Aidan? Whoo hoo
Mom: Thanks Westley, I love you too!
Have a great day!

9 comments:

Tamara said...

I love those conversations with kids! The other day Trevor told me that if daddy and I die he would go live with Aaron. This was after Auntie and Aaron sent a really cool package!

Julia thought it was really cute.

Tamara said...

So sorry to hear about the broken appliances. Think of me when you do the dishes. I have never had a dishwasher in my twelve years of marriage. I would have a really hard time living without the microwave though. We've had ours for 12 years and are hoping that it will hold on for a bit longer.

Good luck!

KickButtMommy said...

Sydney is beyond cute! I love what Westley said. They do love us huh?

Kristie said...

Oh...my...gosh...Sydney is sooo cute! And that pic of Westley is sooo HIM!

And why is it that everything has to break at once? I don't get it!

RachelAA said...

Ok just a hilarious post!! LOVE Sydney's first picture, LOVE IT. And your conversation in the car - HILARIOUS. Oh and I am so jealous you are going to aerobics, I miss it. Even on the days I am not working Jackson makes it so tough to get out the door, it's too frustrating. Oh and good luck with the appliances - maybe Craig's List - of we have a dishwasher, stainless... let me know if you are interested.

Christene said...

Too funny. Thanks for sharing.

Rojahn Family said...

Sydney is so darn cute!!!! I love her little black dress she wore to the park Saturday. I love your blog!

Luis and Katie De Leon said...

Love that conversation. That is too funny. Don't you love how everything seems to break at the same time. So frustrating. Oh, love that picture of Sydney. She is so cute.

Kimberly said...

I love the picture of Sydney's hair, too cute. And I laughed at Westley's comment, it was very funny.