So here's something scary--September 29th I was having a dream that I smelled natural gas-- I woke myself up and thought that's a weird dream. Ya, wasn't a dream! I could actually smell it but it was super strong. (should mention Jeff works night) I walked out of my room and the smell got stronger. Wasn't the heater unit upstairs. Came down stairs and the smell hit me in the face! Went to the garage to check water heater--nope. Went into kitchen to check oven--oh ya! Opened the oven door and I could hear it and the smell was so strong!! I called Jeff and he told me to turn gas off outside, but I couldn't turn it off cause I'm a wimp! I googled what to do--cause you know that's what you do when you have an emergency..... it said Don't use your cellphone or turn on lights and to get out. Great--I used my cellphone and I had turned on lights. So, I grabbed the kids out of their beds and put them in the driveway. Got the dog (who had been sleeping right by the kitchen) and will not be fun in emergencies! He thought it was play time. Jeff came flying home (I bet he used his siren..) and turned off the gas. We then realized we should have just turned off the gas to the oven. But, it being 2:30 in the morning you don't think. Finally stopped and after airing out the house and putting everyone back in bed and Jeff went back to work everything was good--ya right! I didn't fall back to sleep--just turned that seminary alarm off so we could maybe sleep little longer!
Gas man came out the next day to look. Wasn't their line, it's the oven. I could have called a repair man but with this oven being 11 years old and now I'm afraid of it Jeff and I went and bought a new one. But... it doesn't arrive until the 16th!! So, it's been two weeks since I've had an oven or stove! Lots of crock-pot and electric skillet and dinners like this...
No comments:
Post a Comment