Sunday, January 18, 2015

Morgan had a Birthday!

Can you believe this girl is 14?  I can't!  Her dad can't!  Her older brother can't--cause now she's old enough to go to the youth dances, he thinks it's weird but I heard him say he would tell all his friends to dance with her! 

I asked her all week what she wanted to do for her birthday-- this girl cannot make up her mind.  Finally, came up with a plan. 

She wanted dad's yummy breakfast of potatoes and peppers with eggs, 
Then all of us to go on a hike (Addison had a stake youth committee meeting so he missed out) 

Hair always in a ponytail and it feels like she only wears this shirt.... 
The weather was perfect!!



Came home and did some stuff around the house-- that wasn't really on her "birthday to do list" but things needed to get done. Like mow the lawns but the law mower died so they never got done.....

"Cake" got made. This is one of Morgans favorite desserts. 
We opened presents in the middle of the day because jeff and I were excited to give her our gift. 

Grandma Jo made her this cute quilt
She wanted a new backpack. 
And then had NO IDEA she would be opening a present with a leash and dog collar!  All the kids are super excited. Jeff texted me last week asking if we wanted a German shepherd puppy. A friend of his has an uncle who breeds German shepherds for police dogs. But, this litter only had two, a boy and a girl, and he had no buyers so was giving the two away!  Jeff's work buddy is taking the girl. So, this little guy pretty much just fell in our laps. We don't get him till the beginning of March though. He's only three weeks old. 
Jeff grew up with dogs--  I was actually afraid of dogs and have no idea what to do with a puppy. It's been agreed that Jeff will do most of the puppy duty ( I did four kids, it's his turn!). We are still deciding on a name too.  I think we almost have it narrowed down. This dog is going to be huge-- needs a name that fits!  

For dinner Morgan wanted Taco Bell!  Really? Birthday girl gets to chose. It was a pretty cheap dinner though!  

We love you Morgan. Happy Birthday! 

No comments: