Sunday, September 21, 2014

Not a minute!!

Saturday was just a crazy day. Really no other word to describe it.  Almost had to sit down with a pen and paper and figure out exactly what needed to happen and when. Too much I tell ya!  But, it's done. Ha!  Trying to look on the bright side. 

Morning started with a Boy Scout triathlon. I had to take him because jeff had to work from 8:30 to 1:30pm. I love watching the triathlon. I ran in it last year and wasn't too bummed I didn't this year!  This year was different and not at the lake-- not enough water to swim. So instead of a swim-bike-run it was reversed. 

Addison and Mason stretching
Our Mint Canyon group
Starting the run
Then off on the bike
Then into the pool
And finishing!  
We couldn't stay for awards--  on to the next thing on the list.  

Down to Burbank for Westleys first hockey game at 3pm but needed to be there at 2:30. Jeff was able to go with us as soon as he walked in the door. 
Sydney was a trooper the whole day. She enjoyed staying home in the morning but was with me the rest of the day. 
Westley loved it!  They didn't win and he didn't score but I think once his team gets to know eachother and have some practices they will be great. Westley isn't as aggressive like he needs to be....yet!  

Okay--  then quickly in the car to drive back home in enough time for Jeff and Westley to leave at 5:30pm for a Boy Scout hike!  We made it home with 30 minutes to spare.  After they left then it was back in the car to take Addison back to Burbank for his hockey game at 7pm. (So, Burbank is only 20 minutes down the freeway.  It takes me 20 minutes to get across town to the park westley played football!  So, I'm okay with the drive) Morgan couldn't go with us because she was heading out the door to go babysitting. Sydney and I were Addison's cheerleaders. He wouldn't let me take any pictures because they don't have their jerseys yet for the new kids and he was embarrassed of the little tank top he had to wear. Ha. But, he did awesome!!  He's the only new kid on the team and all the boys welcomed him.  They were quite impressed that Addison could skate and even score TWO goals never having had played on a team before. He was beat though by the end of the game--  hello! did a triathlon in the morning. I thought I was going to have to carry him to the car. His game was done about 8:30pm and finally it was time to go home!  

Oh, but it doesn't end there!  Got home, fed the kids, showered Sydney, Morgan came home, and then Jeff and I went on date!  Can't say we've ever started our date night at 10:30pm but, we needed it. Been a crazy week/day, it was nice. 

Funny things Sydney(my sidekick) said to me Saturday.......
Me: "you're a goof!"
Syd: "you're a great mom!"

Syd:"Hey, we are almost home!  There's the church with the sword."  
Me: "that's not a sword"
Syd: "oh, it's a T for church...... Wait, church starts with ch" 
Me: "it's a cross Sydney, Jesus died on the cross"
Syd: "no, it's a sword". 
Too tired to argue--  and now I can't drive by the church without noticing it does look like a sword!  

Today (Sunday) the kids had the primary program. Westleys last one and Sydney's "first" one. She has never gone up. A little bribing worked and I had to pay up.  They all did great.

Tonight the older kids had a youth fireside. Jeff and I went because Addison had a musical number with two of his friends, girls I should mention--  Sam and Abby. Addison and Sam played guitars while Abby sang How Great Thou Art. It sounded really good, a proud mama moment.

Going to be another busy week. It is what it is!

1 comment:

RachelAA said...

Can I just say hats off to you for actually going out on that date. I mean seriously - after that day. And for you! Super impressed!!! And I would love to hear that musical number. I mean seriously. I adore you all. And wait, Sydney's comments - loved them.