Monday, January 21, 2013

Happy Birthday to Morgan

Morgan was so excited for this birthday.  She's 12!!   The night of her birthday she went to her first young women's activity and played volleyball.  She had a blast and even scored some points for the team.  Really should have embarrassed her and taken some pictures!

Friday night Jeff and I took her out to celebrate.  She picked Johnny Rockets, a trip to the .99 cent store and a stop at Wal-mart for her new bike.  She said she really wanted a new bike so this summer she can cruise to the pool in style.  

Yesterday she had her first Sunday in Young Women's.  Lots to learn but she loved every minute and all the attention.  

On Saturday we picked up our cousin Sammy to come play for the weekend.  They've been playing non stop...starting early and ending late.  Love this age that they can just entertain themselves.  

Got us all ready for church yesterday and hopped in the car to find out it wouldn't start. Really? again?  Did a jump  with Jeff's truck and went to church.  Wouldn't start again after church... just changed this battery last year---on a SUNDAY!  Jumped it again, got home and let it run for a bit, until it started spouting off steam and making a creepy noise scaring all of us.  GRRR.  Called our awesome mechanic and he came this morning to check it out.  This was after I had gotten up when it was still dark to take Jeff to work so I could have his truck.  The car actually made the noise for the mechanic--that never happens.  He knew what it was too!  Something to do with the air conditioner not turning off and killing the battery---something like that.  So, he took it to work with him!  :)

Today my mom is coming up to take Morgan and Sammy shopping for their birthdays.  We might tag along if the guys who are coming to do the backyard get here before.  Have to find Addison a suit for this weekend so he can look his best when he escorts the Freshman Princess to the Winter Formal dance--it's not a date!  :)  More like a--we came, they saw, we leave! 

Such a nice day today, if the wind would stop.

3 comments:

RachelAA said...

Yes - I love that she wants to cruise to the pool in style. Awesome :) And seriously, the noise NEVER happens for the mechanic; man you scored! But I'm glad it all worked out and way to go on your determination to make it to church. Even if it was disrupted by HP descriptions :) hehe

KickButtMommy said...

Happy Birthday, beautiful girl!

Anonymous said...

Have realy enjoyed your entries. I hae moved into a sr. apartment compound. David and Steve decided mI needed somewhere with a little help with them both being gone Steve to Germany and David to Hawaii. IT'S GETTING COLDM HERE. bUT I have friends here that meet 2 or 3 times a week.Sorry I've missed some birthdays, I'm still getting unpacked and trying to find my records. Love Grandma JeanHope this gets to you.