Thursday, November 1, 2012

October 2012

 Maybe I should just blog once a month.  The months are flying by so fast and nothing too exciting has  been happening, except the normal.  So, lets start back at the beginning.  We had General Conference the first weekend of the month.  I love General Conference when we stay home and listen to the Prophet and apostles speak.  Too keep everyone listening we put together a puzzle this year.  We finished it in two sessions.  Just might be a tradition from now on.



Preschool took their field trip to Lombardi Ranch.  Wasn't too hot this year so it was fun. 

 Sydney carefully picked out her pumpkin.
 Westley had a good month.  He earned his Bear badge for Cub Scouts.  And if his mom had been paying attention he would of earned it months ago.  Instead she had him do almost all the 24 requirements instead of just 12...but it helped him earn arrow points!  One gold and two silver to be exact!  (you have to do 10 things to earn an arrow point)  geesh... don't want to talk about it anymore...

But, good job Westley!  I was called up to the front to be with him.  Jeff had just stepped out for a minute, Morgan was at activity days and Addsion was at scouts.. so that left Sydney to take pictures.
 Haha these crack me up.  Even got little Ivy's pony tail.


 Trunk or Treat is always a favorite!  Took one picture this year of Halloween... geez I'm slacking.
This year I told my kids they had to come up with their own costume and Sydney had to pick one of the princess dresses we already had.  Westley decided to be a confused superhero.. a superman shirt with a batman cap.... Morgan was a bird watcher/tourist and Sydney was Belle.  Addison didn't dress up this year.  He helped with the haunted house and then took off for the dance. 
 Now... two of the best things that happened to me this month!!  
I had ordered something from the BYU bookstore for a certain someone in the family and was waiting for it to come in the mail.  Last Saturday I received a box from them and thought that it was pretty heavy for what I ordered (should of weighed little, like a t-shirt weight)  :)I opened up the box and got super excited thinking that BYU sends these yummy candies as a thank you for ordering from them.  The box was addressed to me but the receipt was addressed to a lady who lives in Oklahoma City, OK!!  I thought... great I get her candy and she gets my package??  Nope, when I went to the mail there was my package.  So, I called BYU before I started eating these CHOCOLATE COVERED CINNAMON BEARS to see what I should do.  I also emailed the lady in Oklahoma and told her that I had her bears.  She thought it was funny and she would call BYU too.  But, BYU ordering department isn't open on Saturdays.  So, I packed up the bears and hid them till Monday.  BYU told me it would cost more to send the back and to enjoy their mistake!  YES!!
 The other cool thing this month... Sydney was going to ask Santa for a bike this year.  I've been looking every where when she hasn't been with me and really didn't want to pay 60 to 80 dollars.  Went to Goodwill after school one day and found this princess bike for $14.99!!  Only problem... Sydney was with me.  Darn it.  She got an early Christmas present and now has to think of something else Santa can get her. 

Halloween was yesterday, took down the decorations this morning and got ready for Fall/Thanksgiving.  Can't believe Thanksgiving is three weeks from today....

4 comments:

RachelAA said...

No joke - a once a month post is what I'm feeling these days, too. I love your two happy stories; especially the bike that's so cool.

KickButtMommy said...

mmm, happy mistake!

Beth said...

So awesome you found her that bike!!!! Beth Tait

Amber said...

I love the puzzle idea during conference. I'll have to remember that as my kids get older. I'm always getting good "older kid" tips from u.

Totally awesome bike. I should check out goodwill more often.